Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Thousand-Year Blood War arc

Go down 
+10
Soyyuo
yeyeo
Razputin
kumo
PolarisAmane
siyentista
Crimson Warrior
Fatalicious
Mr Khan
RSforsevers
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:41 am

Crimson Warrior wrote:
Although if Byakuya dies, does Rukia become head of the Kuchiki clan?

Even though she's adopted, there's the off-chance it'd happen. And so long as no one else does for the time being.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:39 am

I feel like I've lost a week. Did the chapter come out early? Do I not know how time works anymore?

The most interesting thing for me right now about Bleach is wondering how succession goes when the Sotaicho is dead.

I bet we'll find out who pointed the sword at Urahara five years after the fact in a data book.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:29 pm

SoldierG65434-2 wrote:
The most interesting thing for me right now about Bleach is wondering how succession goes when the Sotaicho is dead.

Probably the next oldest shinigami... Unohana
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:14 am

513 - The Dark Moon Stroke

So, with Senbonzakura fading away, I guess it means Byakuya's dead. Well, unless someone like Orihime brings him & any others back.

But we see Ichigo on the offensive against Juha Bach. When did Carrot-top learn to use Blut Vene? Or rather, who ave it to him to use to avoid that lethal stab to the neck?I'd hate to imagine what the Vanden Reich would do if they turned Ichigo into 1 of 'em.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:24 am

Good riddance, Byakuya. Like everyone and everything Bleach, his shtick overstayed it's welcome past the SS arc.

Speaking of which, I guess Aizen used Blut Vene back then too to stop Ichigo's sword with his finger. Nnoitra to to shrug off Kenpachi's attacks. Seriously reiatsu, hierro, and Blut Vene all basically do the same thing. How do you distinguish between them?
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:25 am

That was actually a pretty crappy end for Byakuya. Oh well, I never really liked the dude anyways.

And now we can all place bets over who dies next!
Back to top Go down
Mr Khan
Hollow
Mr Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm not sure whether i like or dislike how casually he's killing people off now. I guess it really depends on where he goes with this (and whether Soi Fon gets a damn fight that doesn't leave her looking incompetent, or dead)

Also really, really hope Isshin isn't in the 0th Division.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 10:37 am

The next chapter is already out and makes no mention of Byakuya.

It does, however, bring up Masaki, and that Ichigo really doesn't know a whole lot about his mother (or father, really). Hm

Also, it seems as though Aizen trolled Bach too, even if just a little.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Crimson Warrior
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 6:10 am

Granted I only read the summary on the Bleach wiki, so this reaction might be inappropriate, buuuuut...

HOLY FUCK, MASAKI WAS A QUINCY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:18 am

Eh... Masaki being a Quincy was one the very first theories about her that fans had. Left shoe says that she was Ryuken's sister.

That actually wasn't too bad of a chapter. Everything is still all over the place, and I still don't know what the fuck is going on, but what else is new for Bleach? The art was pretty and that's all that matters.

Now, what the hell is happening with Sui-Feng?
Back to top Go down
kumo
Hollow
kumo

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 pm

a new chapter's out,

this page ruined everything...
if you know what I mean... Devestated
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 3:48 pm

kumo wrote:
this page ruined everything...
if you know what I mean... Devestated
FUCK! Oh well, it's not like I was really meaningful or impact for me to begin with. Fist of the North Star ruined the novelty of good guys dying. Good guys eat it all the time in 199X, and they eat it hard.

In all seriousness though, I was interested to see the medical stuff. It doesn't make any goddamn sense, but it was still Interesting. Also, this translation is fucking incredible.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:11 pm

They should all be worried about Zombie Yamamoto. That'll be the real threat to Soul Society.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:50 am

516 - The Zero Squad

Tensa Zangetsu can't be fixed (at the moment), Kon has been a guinea pig for Mayuri, and Squad Zero has arrived. I think that about sums it up.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:35 am

Oh good, more new characters. That's just what Bleach needed.

This chapter was actually pretty interesting. Seems Renji's actually been using a broken Bankai for ages now, and Ikkaku's Bankai is fudged too. Least Renji now has an excuse for his pitiful display in Hueco Mundo. I like that Bankai's break permanently, it adds a level of consequence to the shinigami's losses that wasn't there before. Since Zanpakto's are so closely linked to the shinigami, does that mean that a broken bankai is like a wound that never heals? Stuff to think about...

Bleach really is just a lot of interesting but shittily executed ideas, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Mr Khan
Hollow
Mr Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:24 pm

PolarisAmane wrote:
Oh good, more new characters. That's just what Bleach needed.

This chapter was actually pretty interesting. Seems Renji's actually been using a broken Bankai for ages now, and Ikkaku's Bankai is fudged too. Least Renji now has an excuse for his pitiful display in Hueco Mundo. I like that Bankai's break permanently, it adds a level of consequence to the shinigami's losses that wasn't there before. Since Zanpakto's are so closely linked to the shinigami, does that mean that a broken bankai is like a wound that never heals? Stuff to think about...

Bleach really is just a lot of interesting but shittily executed ideas, isn't it?

That about sums it up. Kind of reminds me of Star Wars a lot. Kubo's a great worldbuilder and artist but he seriously needs a competent author to work with him.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Isn't Former Squad 12 Captain (before Kisuke) one of those 5?
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:45 pm

Crimson Warrior wrote:
Isn't Former Squad 12 Captain (before Kisuke) one of those 5?
Gotta be. I just hope it's the only pretty face Captain in that group.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:36 am

517 - The Stairway to Heaven

(Insert Stairway to Heaven joke here.)

Oh dear God, I'm not sure if I can take these Zero Division people seriously. Well, maybe 1 or 2 of 'em. So the dude (I honestly can't remember all the names) with the pointy hairdo was Unohana's teacher. And he's got attitude. At least the bald guy is nice. And that black-haired woman has arms that remind me of Noitra's Ressureccion. I don't expect Kirio Hikifune to let herself go. And my guess is that it's Kisuke calling from Hueco Mundo. Who else would use that cheery tone at a time like this?
But I do wonder, what would make Ichigo so important to be brought to the Palace?
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:12 am

FullMetal Spartan wrote:
But I do wonder, what would make Ichigo so important to be brought to the Palace?
He's the hero of a Shounen?

You know, I quite like the idea that the members of the Zero Division are gibbering insane. At least that's how I'm going to interrupt them over this being Kubo's attempt at comic relief.

I've also noticed that Sui-Feng has been featured prominently in several chapters and no one has said anything about it.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:59 pm

I think we've been ignoring her because she's being tremendously annoying.

The Zero Division is boring, I don't like their designs and I dislike their personalities (so far).

But then this is a fairly standard character introduction for Kubo. Ever notice that these days he aways introduces the group of new characters in a really goofy manner but with sinister overtones? Maybe I'm just bored of that.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 12:25 am

I haven't decided if Sui-Feng is in character or not. I'd like to chalk it up to her being a lot younger and more emotional than most people remember, but I dunno.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Mr Khan
Hollow
Mr Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:08 am

I do like that Soi Fon is getting more screentime, nor do i especially mind that she got shown up by the Squad Zero folks (because the other captains did too). But as CaptainYoruichi said, it's debatable as to whether she's in character

Although we do know that Soi Fon places a lot of faith in her superiors, and we did see in an earlier chapter how it lifted her spirits when Yamamoto stepped out and started wrecking shit, so it does sort of make sense that she's a little more visibly bent out of shape about his demise.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:45 pm

518 - The Shooting Star Project (ZERO MIX)

I'm guessing Grimmjow did 'help out' Kisuke and the others back in Huceo Mundo. And the uncle that Kukaku is referring to might be Isshin. Not sure what else would be surprising at this point- wait, was Ganju standing behind 3 of the Fullbringers? Really? And Ichigo arrives at the Royal Dimension. Let's see how his visit goes.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:23 pm

So I can't tell at this point if Bleach fans are just very perceptive of Kubo's just letting them do the writing for him.

Either way, I was way more hyped to see Kukaku again than I though I would be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thousand-Year Blood War arc
Page 8 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next