Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Thousand-Year Blood War arc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:37 am

Just in case you didn't get it before, Mayuri's sheath looks even more like a penis.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We think we know your secret. But it's safe with us.
Co-Administrator
Fanfiction.net - Ficlets - My fic commentaires - Tumblr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:19 am

498 - The Black Rescuer

Makes me think that at Ch. 500, Kubo will show something grand or surprising, but it's probably just me.
So, Kisuke gets some attention now. Not only does he blast that Quincy Capt. (don't wanna remember that freak's name), but opened a gateway for Ichigo to use ASAP. Good luck to Carrot-top. He's gonna need it. I do wonder though, how come his Bankai can't be taken? Sure, it's a good thing now, but it sorta intrigues me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:23 am

"Ichigo, this is Akon. Now don't freak out but..."

Man, it's got to suck not being the protagonist in Bleach. I mean, Kenshiro had to work for Musou Tensei, but if you aren't Ichigo, you're basically fucked.

I also like the fact that Kubo comletley undermined all dramatic tension by confirming that the only reason the Quincies are a threat is because if the bankai sealing and once the Shinigami figure that out (because they will, they will) they're also basically fucked.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:11 am

Ichigo can't fight the entire Quincy army, though. And so far his is the only bankai we know of that can't be sealed. There's gotta be something else that other Shinigami can do. Until we know why it is that they can't seal Ichigo's bankai, it's hard to predict if there are other Shinigami who would also have unsealable bankais. Maybe it's something as simple as the fact that he could still be part Hollow, meaning the Vizard captains could have unsealable bankais too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
siyentista
Master of the Maggot's Nest, PhD

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:39 am

or maybe he's part quincy too. :) three in one. and that would bring us to the back story with isshin and how he knows ryuuken.

that's what some of the fics say anyway. given how ichigo just has to be special in every single way, i wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be the case.

All my fics are rated T just because.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:40 am

499 - Rescuer in the Dark

Some people were hoping on Ichigo saving their behinds. Of course, he's told nothing happened to Rukia or Renji so far. And Urahara gives a little more info. on what these Quincies can do. But just before Carrot-top reaches SS, the big bad monster with a hole in his chest just refuses to go down. Methinks ch. 500 might show Ichi using his Vizard powers again - or perhaps some more SS casualties until a Deus Ex Machina appears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:05 pm

This could just be the desperation and frustration talking, but it's possible that Yoruichi might need to show up to teach the de-Bankai-ed Captains a new Bankia cardboard cut-out style. That, or Urahara will just figure out that it's the power of friendship or some bullshit that'll undo the seal.

Also, do yourself a favor and reread that chapter listening to this.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Khan
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:05 pm

SoldierG65434-2 wrote:
This could just be the desperation and frustration talking, but it's possible that Yoruichi might need to show up to teach the de-Bankai-ed Captains a new Bankia cardboard cut-out style. That, or Urahara will just figure out that it's the power of friendship or some bullshit that'll undo the seal.

Also, do yourself a favor and reread that chapter listening to this.

My thoughts have long been that she is one of the other "special war considerations," being a captain-class shinigami running around outside the system who does not rely on bankai to do any fighting. That would seem to be the perfect way to smoothly integrate her back into the story.

It seems like they've stolen the soul of the Zanpakto themselves, however, and not just the bankai, so idk where Kubo's going with this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Mr Khan wrote:
It seems like they've stolen the soul of the Zanpakto themselves, however, and not just the bankai, so idk where Kubo's going with this.
It don't know, we've been beaten over the head with "Out Bankais were stolen!" and "They can steal Bankais!" They didn't say anything about the rest of the Zanpakuto. It seems like they would have mentioned that to the 12th, not to mention if the Quincies were stealing the whole Zanpakuto, they wouldn't have to wait until they went Bankai.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Khan
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:01 pm

SoldierG65434-2 wrote:
Mr Khan wrote:
It don't know, we've been beaten over the head with "Out Bankais were stolen!" and "They can steal Bankais!" They didn't say anything about the rest of the Zanpakuto. It seems like they would have mentioned that to the 12th, not to mention if the Quincies were stealing the whole Zanpakuto, they wouldn't have to wait until they went Bankai.

True, but Hitsugaya mentioned something about not being able to "hear" Hyorinmaru after the Bankai was taken, which sounds very similar to what was going on in the Zanpakto Rebellion filler arc (an arc that Kubo helped storyboard), and we haven't seen them attempting to use Shikai yet, right?

Kubo isn't making it very clear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Mr Khan wrote:
True, but Hitsugaya mentioned something about not being able to "hear" Hyorinmaru after the Bankai was taken, which sounds very similar to what was going on in the Zanpakto Rebellion filler arc (an arc that Kubo helped storyboard), and we haven't seen them attempting to use Shikai yet, right?
The only one we've seen since the Bankais were stolen was Byakuya, who had to tell Renji not to use his because apparently seeing his captains get stolen right in front of his eyes wasn't enough to drive home that point. I'm just going to assume that it's only Bankais for now because they said "stolen" and bankai" about a thousand goddamn times each chapter.

Mr Khan wrote:
Kubo isn't making it very clear.
Par for the course. I still remeber the hilarous shit flinging that happened over on BleachAsylum over weather or not this page proved Orihime is a Fullbringer or not.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:27 pm

500 - Rescuer in the Deep Dark

Wow, so the series has reached 500 chapters now.
As Ichigo struggles to get out of his cage, someone FINALLY cuts Opie in half. If this Quincy was the 'Jailer', what the hell makes the rest of the Stern Ritters? And who is pointing their blade at Urahara now? Questions, questions.

Last edited by FullMetal Spartan on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:49 pm

What the fuck day is it?! I'm having enough trouble keeping my days straight as it is I don't need Bleach fucking with me too!

In other news, that was a dull chapter for the 500th.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:34 pm

Yeah I kind of expected a little more than that.

Also, if Kirge is dead does that mean Ichigo breaks out of his jail?

There's already speculation that the person holding the sword against Kisuke is Grimmjow.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:28 am

I've clearly been reading too many comics. I got to this page and all I thought was "what the fuck is Commissioner Gordon doing in Bleach?"

Boring chapter is boring. Everyone always expects Kubo to do something big when he reaches milestone numbers but he never does. I still remember everyone getting their knickers in a twist over issue 400 and thinking something huge would happen, and of course it was just an average boring chapter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:10 am

PolarisAmane wrote:
I've clearly been reading too many comics. I got to this page and all I thought was "what the fuck is Commissioner Gordon doing in Bleach?"

Actually, now that you mention it, he does look suspiciously like Commissioner Gordon. So much so that I'd be willing to say that Kubo ripped off the design.

Mustache Guy:

Commissioner Gordon:

I'd cry foul if it wasn't for the fact that now I can just imagine that Kyoraku is fighting Gary Oldman.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
siyentista

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:45 am

commissioner gordon looks like he's dancing the flamenco or something in that picture. i laughed.

All my fics are rated T just because.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:31 am

501 - Hear Fear Here

So Byakuya gets some spotlight this time. And fear consumes him, so to speak. Methinks Rukia would be next, but it could be anyone. Meanwhile, Ichigo still can't get out of his little cage, & we still don't know who the hell is coming at Urahara. Could be Grimmjow, but cross your fingers.

Last edited by FullMetal Spartan on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Could have actually been a good chapter if Kubo didn't pulverize the "fear" stuff into a fine paste.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:55 pm

Huh. I actually liked this chapter. It was... enjoyable. Weird.

Also the panda is perfectly paced on this page and at first I thought it was meant to be there. I was honestly wondering what the fuck was going on with the floating panda head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Yeah, I also really liked this chapter. It made me want to go and discuss Bleach with other fans! Besides everyone here, I mean. XD
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:56 am

I'm sure the chapter will play better in a volume setting, but reading it on a weekly release schedule made me feel like it wasted reiterating a point that was more succinctly made in a few pages. The rest of that time could have been spent on other characters.

I was also less than pleased with seeing The Fear use Byakuya's Zanpakuto against him. We've already been down this road in that filler arc.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Khan
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:38 pm

SoldierG65434-2 wrote:
I'm sure the chapter will play better in a volume setting, but reading it on a weekly release schedule made me feel like it wasted reiterating a point that was more succinctly made in a few pages. The rest of that time could have been spent on other characters.

I was also less than pleased with seeing The Fear use Byakuya's Zanpakuto against him. We've already been down this road in that filler arc.

And in canon. Do i remember incorrectly or didn't Tsukishima try to use Book Of The End to hijack Senbonzakura?

irrelevant to thread, but i'm both amused and disturbed by this review that was left on one of my stories:
Reynarez wrote:
Its abt tym yoruichi is chased by soifon..ive bn waiting 4 a plot lyk
ths..thnx kp up the gud work..

I don't care if English is your first language or your 405th, that is a travesty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:35 am

502 - Falling Soul

Oh boy. It seems the Kuchiki siblings are down for the count. Or at least Byakuya is 'dead', apparently. And Renji's out too. And just when things were looking grim, we see good ol' Kenpachi walking in with a dead gorrilla-looking Quincy. Let's see how Zaraki does against the Quincy King until something else happens, like Ichigo shows up & whatnot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:08 am

Kenpachi's carrying at least two guys, maybe three.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   

Back to top Go down

The Thousand-Year Blood War arc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next