Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Thousand-Year Blood War arc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:58 am

480 - Final Arc - The Thousand Year Blood War

So things kind of start out with a bang, I suppose. The Quincies are back in it, even though Kubo thinks he can still hold onto a shred of suspense for that reveal.

Did anyone else read the begining with the sci-fi red alert siren in the background?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We think we know your secret. But it's safe with us.
Co-Administrator
Fanfiction.net - Ficlets - My fic commentaires - Tumblr

Last edited by SoldierG65434-2 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RSforsevers
The Shinigami Monster

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:08 pm

So Ichigo is a blond now?! ...

Anyways it kinda feels weird that this is the last Bleach arc... Also wonder if those two new shinigami characters will be apart of the story or was this there only showing time...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/KillerDragon001?feature=mhsn
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:07 pm

I still have doubts it's really the Last Arc for the series. There's still much to cover, if you will. Sometimes new characters don't stick around long or used for 1 purpose only then are just gone.

So Quincies are gonna be involved this time? Is there anything else that would actually be good for suspense in this series?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Khan
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:11 am

SoldierG65434-2 wrote:
480 - Final Arc - The Thousand Year Blood War

So things kind of start out with a bang, I suppose. The Quincies are back in it, even though Kubo thinks he can still hold onto a shred of suspense for that reveal.

Did anyone else read the begining with the sci-fi red alert siren in the background?

I'll grant i haven't read it yet (Weekly Jump doesn't properly hit newstands until monday here), but what's going on seemed distinct from the Quincies from what i've discussed with friends here who have read it. Whoever it was was simply teleporting the hollows in captivity to some other location, i thought?

Edit: ah, they were talking about hollows disappearing off the map in World of the Living. Yeah, then Quincies seem like a safe bet. The only issue there is that they have not been established to be especially powerful, but i'm certain Kubo can work around that.

My hopes are for the following;

-Yoruichi's absence from previous arc is justified by her doing some sort of preparatory work for this arc
-This then makes her fairly significant to the arc proper
-YoruSoi opportunities abound

Points 2 and 3 are rather wishful thinking, i suppose, but i would at least like and expect point 1. Otherwise her conspicuous absence would bug me a good deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:50 am

Nothing stops the internet, motherfuckers!

481 - The Tearing

Too bad for everyone that though that all the Vizards were reinstated in the Gotei 13. Seems like it was only Kensi, Shinji, and Rose. And for fuck's sake Kubo, do you only have one villain face?

Meanwhile, it looks like TBtP is happening again in Rukongai.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:01 am

Ok, so Hiyori survived. So it's her, Lisa, Hachi, & Love that are in the Real World. Where the hell- y'know, I care not all that much for Mashiro.

There's gotta be more than 1 villain this time around. Maybe it's all gonna build to a moment where they reveal themselves as the next big threat & declare to do something seemingly impossible, all the while causing mayhem. May chaos be raised again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:27 pm

I'm not even sure that I follow what was going on in that chapter. Does someone have cliff notes? LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:45 pm

CaptainYoruichi wrote:
I'm not even sure that I follow what was going on in that chapter. Does someone have cliff notes? LOL
Yes, as a matter of fact I do.

Spoiler:

That's some brass balls on MangaStream to release that.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatalicious
R&R Lover

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:27 pm

Instead of "but get off that bed." I read "but we got beef". That's the only thing that had a lasting impact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.20b.org
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:09 pm

Sounds like a boring chapter, really. Although I'm interested in what Yumichika and Ikkaku are up to.
Back to top Go down
Mr Khan
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:32 am

Me and a friend of mine here in Japan are speculating that part of the reason they come down so hard on scanlation sites could be because the sites are taking stolen material, because the chapters release on Wednesday, Japan time, but i know for a fact that Weekly Jump doesn't hit newsstands until the following Monday (e.g, i won't be reading this chapter until the 20th)

So by stolen material, i mean stolen material, not just scans of a legitimately purchased manga, but that something's getting out to the internet ahead-of-time as shouldn't be

Anyway, the plot thickens if it has to do with somebody killing off Rukongaijin as well as Hollows. Money's still on the Quincies, but the theory i've developed runs with->
A: Shinigami kill of Quincies
B: Shinigami send Quincy souls somewhere different (Hueco Mundo, maybe?)
C: Quincies evolve in this odd world
D: Come back for revenge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:18 pm

Mr Khan wrote:
Me and a friend of mine here in Japan are speculating that part of the reason they come down so hard on scanlation sites could be because the sites are taking stolen material, because the chapters release on Wednesday, Japan time, but i know for a fact that Weekly Jump doesn't hit newsstands until the following Monday (e.g, i won't be reading this chapter until the 20th)

So by stolen material, i mean stolen material, not just scans of a legitimately purchased manga, but that something's getting out to the internet ahead-of-time as shouldn't be
That seems to be at least part of it. I remember reading that they were specifically offended that other markets were getting the issues before them and that they wanted Japan to be first, understandably.

Mr Khan wrote:
Anyway, the plot thickens if it has to do with somebody killing off Rukongaijin as well as Hollows. Money's still on the Quincies, but the theory i've developed runs with->
A: Shinigami kill of Quincies
B: Shinigami send Quincy souls somewhere different (Hueco Mundo, maybe?)
C: Quincies evolve in this odd world
D: Come back for revenge.
A theory going around now is Hollow-Quincy Hybrids. The logic is that all the other Bleach arcs have centered around hybrids and Hollow-Quincy is the only one left.

Personally, after seeing Ivan I hope it's Ghost Soviets.

Co-Administrator

Last edited by SoldierG65434-2 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:34 pm

At this point, I'm not sure if there's anything else that'd surprise me. If we get hybrids of some kind, then it happens. What other ghosts could possibly be added to Bleach now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Khan
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:12 am

Read the new chapter. As FullMetal Spartan pointed out, Mashiro is conspicuously absent, but no-one seems to care about her (a more dim version of Orihime that is supposedly able to kick ass but suddenly loses that ability whenever anything actually happens...)

Not to fall into side-rants, anyway, what are the bets on what the new guy's here to do? Deliver a message, solicit Ichigo & Co's help, or fight?

Edit: and my translation of the new guy's name would be Ivan or Evan, not Ebern. Given the crazy last name, however, MangaStream has an even shot of being right on the first name...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:07 am

I'm betting on message. It's almost always a message.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:30 am

It's usually some sort of message. Or in some cases, possibly a declaration of war, or warning of an inevitable disaster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:14 am

482 - Bad Recognition

Well, wadda ya know. One of my guesses about Ivan was right. He's someone with a weird eye-patch, alright. A Quincy (or something else with Quincy powers).

And the masked men appearing before Yamamoto are likely Quincies too. Or perhaps they're hybrids of some kind. Perhaps an agent of theirs is behind the disappearances in Rukon?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:26 pm

You'd think by now, they'd be bored of war.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:38 pm

I'm not going to lie, I think this arc has potential. Also, told you it was Quincies.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatalicious
R&R Lover

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:47 pm

What the fuck is up with Chad's face is in the third page. Was it always like that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.20b.org
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:30 pm

OMG Yumichika's hair!! And he has little tufts on his ears and they look like elf ears!! So cute!! Fangirl

"We came here to declare war on you."

Oh snap. Shit's about to go down.

It is starting off slow but it seems promising.

Back to top Go down
siyentista
Master of the Maggot's Nest, PhD

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:00 pm

i think a lot of us saw the quincy thing coming. what they were talking about at the 12th division was a give-away. i think that there is potential in this arc as well. my hope is that kubo will use this as a backdrop for explaining the history between papa-ishida and papa-kurosaki, and hence everything else that happened around that time. of course, i'm not holding my breath either. kubo doesn't exactly have the best record for meeting our expectations.

All my fics are rated T just because.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Khan
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:29 pm

siyentista wrote:
i think a lot of us saw the quincy thing coming. what they were talking about at the 12th division was a give-away. i think that there is potential in this arc as well. my hope is that kubo will use this as a backdrop for explaining the history between papa-ishida and papa-kurosaki, and hence everything else that happened around that time. of course, i'm not holding my breath either. kubo doesn't exactly have the best record for meeting our expectations.

The Ishida-Kurosaki thing (moreso on the mystery of Isshin) is more or less the only hanging plot thread he has to tie back in, aside from *ahem,* certain interpersonal relationships...

So it would serve as a solid wrap-up to the series, explaining the few things that Aizen didn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
siyentista

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:51 pm

well, i still want to see more details on the king's key and the royals. i know many people don't care anymore since aizen is gone and all that, but aren't you the least bit curious about the whole reason that aizen did what he did? the hogyouku was given all the attention, but it was only a means to an end, which has to do with the king's key.

i suppose kubo could leave all of that a mystery or with the minimal details that he has already provided. as it is, the current arc doesn't seem like it will be the right context to tackle that either. but who knows? this arc might still develop towards that.

there is one minor thing i'm still curious about too, but i have a feeling it might have been addressed but my dense head didn't get it, or it never meant anything so i was supposed to let it go in the first place. remember when kurotsuchi opened szayel's lab and found some hanging bodies and he was intrigued by them? yeah, that. now that i think of it, i wonder if that might be tied into the quincy arc... were they perhaps... quincy hybrids?

All my fics are rated T just because.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 am

483 - KreigsErklarung

Ok, so Ivan tried to break Ichigo's Bankai & failed, Sasakibe was impaled by a GIANT LANCE, & now, SS is under threat from the Vanden Reich (whatever exactly the hell that is). Oh flipping terrific, what else can go wrong or pop up next?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   

Back to top Go down

The Thousand-Year Blood War arc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next