Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Thousand-Year Blood War arc

Go down 
+10
Soyyuo
yeyeo
Razputin
kumo
PolarisAmane
siyentista
Crimson Warrior
Fatalicious
Mr Khan
RSforsevers
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:18 pm

Yeah it was pretty great seeing Kuukaku again. If this arc is following a similar pattern as the SS arc, I'm hoping that means we'll also see Yoruichi again soon. Since the Shihouins are in charge of the Tenshiheisoban, which is basically heavenly weapons, I'm thinking that maybe the thing Ichigo has to use to reforge his sword is something that belongs to the Shihouins. Wishful thinking but you never know.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:41 pm

519 - Hot Hot Heat

Ok, so we now know where Urahara got the idea for his healing springs. And we get a glimpse of the Spirit King. Yeah, really looks more like an 'it' to me, with those kind of eyes. Funny how Renji and the Kuchiki siblings are being healed. Now we can call Abarai something other than pineapple. LOL
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Why is Rukia's ass so damn buoyant?
Back to top Go down
Razputin
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Do you guys think that Urahara has personally visited the king's palace because he knows about the hot spring. Or maybe he has known the yakuza guy when he was simply a soul reaper - which would have been thousands of year's ago since, the yakuza is unohana's mentor.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Razputin wrote:
Do you guys think that Urahara has personally visited the king's palace because he knows about the hot spring. Or maybe he has known the yakuza guy when he was simply a soul reaper - which would have been thousands of year's ago since, the yakuza is unohana's mentor.
In a world ruled by logic and reason, it would be the latter, but given Urahara's allusions to seeing the Spirit King before, I would have to say it's the former.

Got to say that I'm let down by (what we've seen of) the design of the Spirit King. The way they were talking about it, I was expecting Gravelord Nito.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:35 pm

520 - Killers Not Dead

So....Shunsui has been appointed Yamamoto's successor. And apparently, Unohana was the first Kenpachi, plus her name is Yachiru. Guess that explains why her gaze is so damn scary. Back in the Royal Dimension, Ichigo and Renji are healed. Looks like pretty much everyone's busy on their respective ends.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 am

Ah shit, now the UnohanaXKenpachi shippers actually have fuel.
Back to top Go down
yeyeo
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 11:25 am

So Unohana was the person Kenpachi admired since a long time ago...? And he named his lieutenant Yachiru (and maybe himself) after her? Fuel indeed ^^"
Back to top Go down
Mr Khan
Hollow
Mr Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Potentially a positive sign if he's validating popular fandom ships (at least in such a subtle way as this). Especially given that Unohana/Kenpachi remains pure crack (although that could be the other reason he's doing it, regardless of crack pairings, drawing on the appeal of the absurdity of the heretofore pacifistic Unohana being the first kenpachi and mistress of the art of killing).

Still no Yoruichi, despite yes Kukaku. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:11 pm

521 - A Piggy Party

Whoa. New chapter's out a week before Christmas. How nice. I just realized Ichigo's still in his Bankai outfit. And Kon is still useful in some ways. So Hikifune slims down when she's out of reiatsu? So that's the image why Hiyori looks up to as a mother figure. And the Zero Squad guy has something to do with the beginning of Zanpakutos. That oughta be an interesting trip.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 3:50 pm

Yes, these have been interesting chapters. There's a break for a week since this was a double issue, though.

There's one thing I'm curious about, though. I guess Kenpachi doesn't actually recognize Unohana as the Yachiru that he was inspired by? Part of his amnesia, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 8:56 pm

The giant braid might have magic powers that prevent him from recognizing her. After all, she didn't have it 100 years ago when their was that other Kenpachi.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 11:07 pm

If people don't recognize Clark Kent as Superman because Clark wears glasses, a giant braid with magic powers is definitely possible.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 12:57 pm

522 - Love It

Is this week supposed to be Golden Week? Clearly I didn't get a memo about there being a new chapter.

I'm not sure of what to think of the Royal Guard members anymore, other than what they do is something...extraordinary, to say the least. Wait, so this guy can make Zanpakuto that are hot chicks in spirit form? ....daaayuuuuum. And something tells me we're gonna see Tensa Zangetsu and Zabimaru in spirit form too. Unless some other trial comes to Ichigo and Renji. At least Kon found a new friend.
Back to top Go down
Mr Khan
Hollow
Mr Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:11 pm

This new world is certainly interesting. I almost wish the story were moved there (e.g. that the next Vanderreich attack goes to the Spirit King Realm), as they're barely scratching the surface of the neat stuff around (especially given that each squad 0 member controls a whole city).
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:34 pm

523 - Words of Origin

After 3 weeks, here's the newest chapter. OMG, Zaraki and Unohana are gonna fight. And even Shunsui says that only 1 of 'em will get out alive.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:47 am

Unohana is actually creepy as fuck.

I don't believe for a second that either of them is going to die. Still, it'll be an interesting fight.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 3:27 pm

So if Unohana was a diabolical criminal before she was became a captain, or would be a diabolical criminal if not for being a captain, I guess that explains how it was ok for Mayuri to become a captain as well? Like, Yamamoto didn't actually care what kind of person you are as long as you make a good captain, it seems.

I have to say, given Unohana's backstory, I'm actually really curious to know what some of the other captains may be hiding.

As far as the zanpakuto thing, I think what he's trying to get at is that a lot of Shinigami (not just Ichigo and Renji) treat zanpakutos as a separate thing. Like, as a weapon, or tool. But if it comes from your soul, it's actually a part of you. It's you. So when you're mistreating a zan, you're really mistreating yourself. If you rely on your zanpakuto for power, you're failing to realize that you already have the power.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:59 pm

524 - The Drop

So we see Kenpachi and Unohana duke it out. At least this fight won't be too short.
Also, with the chapter, I feel as though there oughta be a dubstep joke somewhere. Idk, just wanted to get it outta the way.
Back to top Go down
Mr Khan
Hollow
Mr Khan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Pretty sure i don't like the almost split-personality way he's handling Unohana. I certainly don't cotton to the idea of Unohana saying anything so crude as "Diarrhea of the mouth."

Indeed, if Kubo's trying to make her scarily psychotic, it would have been creepier if she was the calm, motherly figure who would completely annihilate you with a smile on her face

It would be the acme of stupidity if one of them actually had to die, however. Making Kenny a better fighter isn't going to make up for the loss of Unohana for the next round of fight with the Reich.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:12 pm

Mr Khan wrote:
Pretty sure i don't like the almost split-personality way he's handling Unohana. I certainly don't cotton to the idea of Unohana saying anything so crude as "Diarrhea of the mouth.
I would chalk that up to some fast and loose translation before anything else. Try to find Binktopia's translation of "Let's Stop the Pendulum." It's amazing.

I also don't care for how this who situation is playing out. Am I the only one that finds this "new" Unohana colossally boring? She's not threatening or exciting, she's just dull. I liked it much better when she commanded so much respect without needing violence. Also, the fight itself isn't even that interesting. It's like Kubo took all the jokes about his backgrounds to heart and now they are literally fighting in a void.

I miss the urgency of the Quincy invasion. Now, things are just plodding along with Ichigo and Renji jerking around in the Royal Realm with those assholes and the Gotei 13 sitting around with their thumbs up their asses while they wait for them to get back. I would have much rather seen Unohana become the Sotaicho and her ruthlessness come out that way.

Also, I'm not dead.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:36 am

This week's chapter is not really any better.

Chapter 525 - Edges

Kind of throws away all the hype for Unohana.

Spoiler:

Meh
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 10:36 am

You should, Captain, you should.

I'd say I'm disappointed but the whole thing was set up from the start for some serious Kenpachi wanking.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:02 am

526 - The Battle

We didn't get a chapter last week since Kubo was sick. Thankfully, we got one this time. And...Zaraki seems to have bested Unohana. Not sure what'll happen if she survives a blow like that.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:49 pm

Yep, KenpachixUnohana is as gross as I though it would be, but for a completely different reason than it would be.

Kubo's got to be breaking some kind of manga record for fastest ruining of a perfectly good character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Thousand-Year Blood War arc   The Thousand-Year Blood War arc - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Thousand-Year Blood War arc
Page 9 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next