Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF

Go down 
+2
Dr-Tom
PolarisAmane
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF   Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:21 pm

Okay, so I brought this up with Soldier first, and then we batted around the idea and finally, after much deliberation, agreed on this: we were thinking that we could make a TeamYoruSoi account on FF.net where we would put most of the recommended YoruSui fics.

It would be a lot more efficient than having only the Recommended Reading thread here, which is arguably only used by the immediate community, and would hopefully get some exposure for YoruSoi writers outside of this community. The account would be shared by the mods on this community, and they would be the only ones who have the power to add or take off fics.

Another reason for this is frankly so that we can contact YoruSoi authors that are... well, not doing the pairing any favours. I don't need to name names, but I'm going to anyways, but YokaiMoon needs to be stopped. This is nothing personal against her, but the demon/cannibal/rape fics are frankly horrendous and not something that should ever represent the pairing. And a "kindly" worded letter from the YoruSoi community (as lazy and generally unbothered as it is) would hopefully (but probably not) stop her from posting anything else that is offensive. It also saves on one of us having to risk out FF.net accounts on doing so.

So yeah... thoughts people?

And to make sure I have a clean conscience - I stole this idea from /u/ on 4chan. Who'd have thought that 4chan would ever be good for anything?
Back to top Go down
Dr-Tom
Hollow
Dr-Tom

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF   Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:46 pm

I like the idea but the Sugoi Story Anego account (/u/'s ff.net account) isn't used to stop anyone from reading certain stories but to share the good ones and make it easier to find good ones. I like the idea of an easier to browse list though for the good yorusoi stories.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF   Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:38 am

Dr-Tom wrote:
I like the idea but the Sugoi Story Anego account (/u/'s ff.net account) isn't used to stop anyone from reading certain stories but to share the good ones and make it easier to find good ones. I like the idea of an easier to browse list though for the good yorusoi stories.

It's not so much stopping people form reading fics (though I'm though about making a list of fics to avoid in the past) so much as it is a means of expressing (what I assume is) our collective displeasure with the fics that YokaiMoon has posted. Her latest is particular is extremely offensive becasue after I published "Return to Innocence Lost," another fic in which Yoruichi in (non-explicitly) raped, I had a conversation with someone who was herself a victim of sexual assault and she thanked me for at least getting in the ballpark of what sexual violence does to a person. Where as Yokai's fic reads like someone's rape fantasy. It's insulting to YoruSoi and rape victims.

I would say something myself, but I have too much to loose should she choose to sick the moderators on me, and anyone else who is of the inclination to do something is in a similar situation. Which is where this account comes in. It allows us to confront authors in a relativity risk free manner.
Back to top Go down
Fatalicious
R&R Lover
Fatalicious

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF   Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:00 am

Not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.20b.org
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF   Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 3:48 am

Dr-Tom wrote:

The only time the account would be used for such a thing is with YokaiMoon after that it would just be a list of recommended reading.

As a general rule, I don't think anyone should have the right to tell people what they can and cannot read/publish/whatever. And as far as I'm concerned, we'r enot going to say to her anything along th lines of: "Don't you ever write another fic again, grrr!" but point out the mishandling of sensitive material and the offensive content of many of her fics, and that it's not the kind of thing we feel we want representing the pairing. It's merely going to be a suggestion that perhaps a bit more thought into the content in her fics would go a long way.

I'm also going to point out that I don't see anything wrong with rape fantasies, if that's what peple are into then that's their thing. But FF.net, while lax with policing it's own sight, doesn't usually support such content. Save that shit for livejounal or a site that does support those kind of fics.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF   Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:22 pm

PolarisAmane wrote:
I'm also going to point out that I don't see anything wrong with rape fantasies, if that's what peple are into then that's their thing.

The reason I mentioned that was because the Author's Note, combined with the events of the fic, lead me to believe that it was supposed to be a serious work on the subject. However, the way she handles the events and the overall tone completely undercut that. Seriously, this is how she handles Sui-Feng murdering Omeada:

"If I was to take a wild guess I'm gonna say Soi Fon was crazy…she was seriously fucking mentally insane."

It goes back to what you said about mishandling sensitive subject matters.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF   Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 2:07 pm

I think it's a good idea.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
siyentista
Master of the Maggot's Nest, PhD
Master of the Maggot's Nest, PhD

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF   Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 2:36 pm

is this account going to be named "team yorusoi" or something that clearly shows it's us, or is it anonymous? the recommended fic list will definitely benefit from people knowing it was made by a big group. it will still be useful without the recognizable name, but it won't have as much of an impact. the complaints/criticisms... well, authors might take it more seriously if the account has our backing, but then it also opens this forum to possible attacks from people who can't take criticism.

just something to consider.

if we have that one account, i suggest we make the criticisms first, then make the recommended list, so if the account is deleted for some reason, then no one will have wasted their time making the recommended list on that account. we can always make a new one for that. or we could potentially have one account for criticizing and another for recommended fics off the bat. the question then will be whether one, none, or both will be clearly associated with team yorusoi or not.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF   Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 3:07 pm

The account would be called "Team YoruSui" .... either that or "Knightrider of Doom"

And that's an excellent point about making the criticism first. It would be a bit of pain to go to all the effort of sifting through the metric fuckton of fics out there only to then have the account banned.

I'm going to take it then that everyone is in favour and that I can go ahead and start thinking about exactly what this PM is going to say.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF   Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 3:11 pm

It seems that way. I'll do the leg work and set up the account and whatnot, unless someone else really wants to do it.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF   Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:59 pm

PolarisAmane wrote:
I'm also going to point out that I don't see anything wrong with rape fantasies, if that's what peple are into then that's their thing. But FF.net, while lax with policing it's own sight, doesn't usually support such content. Save that shit for livejounal or a site that does support those kind of fics.

Late to the party, but I'd like to add to this part.

There is adultfanfiction.net (I think that's the url), which is probably a more appropriate site for stories of that nature.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF   Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 8:12 pm

It is a wondrous site... With many wondrous fics...

And, in a not really all that related note, I am amused by my slightly hilarious spelling error in that quote...

Quote :
while lax with policing it's own sight...

Ha! I have to wonder how drunk I was when I typed that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF   Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking of making a Team YoruSoi account on FF
Page 1 of 1