Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Favorite game series?

Go down 
+6
Catlove
Azley
raezura
RSforsevers
CaptainYoruichi
SoldierG65434-2
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

Favorite game series? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite game series?   Favorite game series? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:38 pm

What is your favorite game series? I'm not talking about a franchise where you love one game but hate the rest. What is the one series that consistently (or at least the majority of the time) delivers a good gaming experince for you?

For me, it's Castlevania. I'm old school. Castlevania on the NES was the first game I remeber playing. THe games (almost) always have a super soundtrack and atmosphere. Even when the series jumped to the Metroid-style of gamplay, they were still fun to play, even though I'd take Super Castlevania 4 over Symphony of the Night any day.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite game series?   Favorite game series? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:04 am

I wanted to say Zelda, but truthfully there's a few in the series I didn't enjoy. I haven't finished Twilight Princess yet even though it's been out a couple years now, and I haven't finished Spirit Tracks even though that's been out a few months now.

I'd probably have to say Mass Effect. Granted, it's only two games, but still. I have enjoyed the hell out of those games. Hopefully the third doesn't disappoint. ^_^

Halo series is a runner up. I'm not thrilled with Halo Wars, but Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, and ODST (and probably Reach) are all awesome as far as I am concerned.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
RSforsevers
The Shinigami Monster
RSforsevers

PostSubject: Fav Games   Favorite game series? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:40 am

My all time fav is the Pokemons XD I've enjoyed playing them for years :)

hm I also like the Halo games tho the OST one I'm not so sure how I feel I do like it but it seems off with the story line to me.. but threw and threw Halo is one of my favs :) (even if I'm not that good out of story mode XD Hunters I love to battle, friends online I keep running over them DX XD)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KillerDragon001?feature=mhsn
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite game series?   Favorite game series? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:15 pm

I actually thought the way the story was presented in ODST was one of the best aspects of it. It was completely different from the usual.
Back to top Go down
raezura
Hollow
raezura

PostSubject: Re: Favorite game series?   Favorite game series? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 5:15 pm

My favorite series is probably the Elder Scrolls series. I'm a big RPG fan and this series has everything that I love in a game in it. Morrowind is my favorite though.

I'm also a big fan of Mass Effect. The best story I've ever seen in a game and great gameplay to boot.
Back to top Go down
Azley
... and Justice for All
Azley

PostSubject: Re: Favorite game series?   Favorite game series? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 9:47 pm

Hm a series where I like all games... that would be the Metal Gear Solid series for me.

Then:

God of War
Prince of Persia
Drakensang
Fatal Frame
The Legend of Zelda
Devil May Cry
Wipeout
The Settlers

I'd also say Final Fantasy but I hate everything since X so I can't choose it.
Back to top Go down
http://azley.deviantart.com
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level
Catlove

PostSubject: Re: Favorite game series?   Favorite game series? EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:10 am

haha, wow... I guess I'm just not that picky. I need to divide by genre, and even then most categories have more than one choice for me. XD

RPGs:
The Wild Arms Series: Solid games, eternally overshadowed by Final Fantasy

Shin Megami Tensei: If I could only name one franchise, it would be this one. Deep stories mired in the religions and myths of all the world, coupled with legitimately challenging gameplay.

Tales Of: As i said in another thread, I am VERY much a JRPG guy. XD

Atelier/Mana Khemia: Just really feel good games. Very bright, colorful, and fun... I love the feeling of being immersed into the daily lives of the characters.

Fighting games:

Tekken: to quote spoony, "Soul Calibur is for button mashing noobs! Real men play Tekken!"

Street Fighter: A cliche answer, but I love capcom's button system.

Shooting:

Metal Gear Solid: hands down. Manages to juggle its convoluted plotlines in an entertaining, if sometimes overwhelming way.

Survival Horror:

Silent Hill: Again no contest. This is what horror should be. No excesses of gore or serial killers murdering a gang of asshole teenagers, just a handful of characters slowly descending into madness.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite game series?   Favorite game series? EmptySat May 08, 2010 10:27 am

I forgot about Tales! Whooops! But that's because I haven't played all of them yet. So far, there's only been one Tales game that I played that I found underwhelming, and that was Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology.
Back to top Go down
Zura
Edo no Akatsuki
Zura

PostSubject: Re: Favorite game series?   Favorite game series? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:02 am

The Settlers (though I like the first two the most)

Civilization series.

Quake (from 1 to 3)

City simulators made by Sierra, like Ceasar and Zeus.

The Sims (because I like murdering virtual people)

GTA (the same reason as for Sims)

Europa Universalis series.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite game series?   Favorite game series? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:54 am

Halo

Bioshock

God of War

Call of Duty

Dead Space

Resident Evil

Final Fantasy

Kingdom Hearts

Gears of War

Mass Effect
Back to top Go down
yoruichi-shunko
Hollow
yoruichi-shunko

PostSubject: Re: Favorite game series?   Favorite game series? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:07 pm

For me Final Fantasy and Guitar Hero (not sure if it counts xD) in 1st place and Pokemon in 2nd cheers

But I also like Call Of Duty & Halo a lot Wha
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Favorite game series?   Favorite game series? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:11 pm

I just remembered another series I love:

Golden Sun
Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age

Both are great, and I am eagerly anticipating the Golden Sun that's going to be released on the DS.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Favorite game series?   Favorite game series? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:06 pm

The Tales series. I played Tales of the Abyss and fell in love. Then I played Tales of Symphonia and fell more in love. Then I played Tales of Phantasia and... well you get the point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite game series?   Favorite game series? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite game series?
Page 1 of 1