Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bioshock Infinite

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

Bioshock Infinite  Empty
PostSubject: Bioshock Infinite    Bioshock Infinite  EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 7:53 pm

So I got this game on Saturday. I really loved Bioshock, and Infinite has been getting great reviews, so I thought I would pick it up.

Anyway, I'm not really that far yet. I think everyone else is already ahead of me, so I don't think I will spoil much by saying that I just got the Shock Jockey (I think that is what it is called) Vigor.

As far as the storyline, I will put those under spoilers just because of people who may want to play this and haven't started yet.

Spoiler:

I'm eager to play more since I've heard the ending is a real mindfuck.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

Bioshock Infinite  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite    Bioshock Infinite  EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 9:52 pm

I just finished it yesterday on PC (mouse-aiming and Ultra graphics, son) and have been chatting with Dr. Tom about it over Steam. I'll hold off on any real discussion until the rest of you guys are farther along though.

Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

Bioshock Infinite  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite    Bioshock Infinite  EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 7:46 am

I've beaten it. Now I just gotta do it again on higher difficulties and get all collectibles. So...this game is way better than the first, but it's something worth playing this year, and it was certainly worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

Bioshock Infinite  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite    Bioshock Infinite  EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 11:47 pm

I just finished it today, and I have to say I was underwhelmed. I was expecting a lot, though, so that could be part of it.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

Bioshock Infinite  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite    Bioshock Infinite  EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 12:22 am

CaptainYoruichi wrote:
I just finished it today, and I have to say I was underwhelmed. I was expecting a lot, though, so that could be part of it.
Whew! I thought I was going to be the only naysayer here.

Spoiler:

This is fairly inarticulate, but that's because there's almost too much for me to talk about in this game for it all to come out right.

Also, the voice acting was super distracting. I hated Troy Baker as Booker. Every time he opened his mouth all I heard was Kanji from P4. And Jenifer Hale's Rosalind sound exactly like oldschool Naomi Hunter from MGS.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

Bioshock Infinite  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite    Bioshock Infinite  EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 12:34 am

It had too much combat, or maybe it was just that the weapons and vigors weren't as good as in Bioshock. After I finished it, though, I just kind of wondered why everyone hyped it so much.

I didn't mind the voice acting, but the fact that Elizabeth looks like a Disney princess for half of the game was really distracting. I kept expecting her to break into song and frolick with animals.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

Bioshock Infinite  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite    Bioshock Infinite  EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 1:28 am

Now that I think about it, combat occurred quite often. One moment I'm exploring for goods and whatnot, the next I find myself preparing to jump into a firefight and getting vigor traps ready. And after one fight, I go to the next area and look for stuff. Go to the next room/open area, repeat.

I tried not to think too much about the pro-American/white supremacy stuff around Columbia, but kinda wished some of the choices I made in some situations did alter things later on. I was expecting there to be a different number of endings like in the Rapture games, but in this case, there really is an infinite amount of 'em.

Overall, I found Infinite not superior to its predecessor(s), but also not something you'd wanna throw your controller (or keyboard) at. Maybe I' m just not looking too deep into this like I should.
OMG, Princess Elizabeth won't leave my head now. I keep thinking back to that gameplay trailer where she tried to revive a horse, and thought there would be actual animals (besides birds) in the game.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

Bioshock Infinite  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite    Bioshock Infinite  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:58 pm

Ok I kind of died while watching this. Holy fucking shit it is hilarious seeing how people react to this part of the game.

Bioshock Infinite Boys of Silence

Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

Bioshock Infinite  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite    Bioshock Infinite  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:05 am

CaptainYoruichi wrote:
Ok I kind of died while watching this. Holy fucking shit it is hilarious seeing how people react to this part of the game.

Bioshock Infinite Boys of Silence

The first time I saw that one behind me, I kinda did freak. But not like most others did. It's hilarious seeing reactions like this.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

Bioshock Infinite  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite    Bioshock Infinite  EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:52 am

I played Burial At Sea Part 1 the day it came out. I thought it was pretty good. Anyone else also play it?
Back to top Go down
Dr-Tom
Hollow
Dr-Tom

Bioshock Infinite  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite    Bioshock Infinite  EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:11 am

Only played a very little bit of it. Need to go back and do it, but PS4.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

Bioshock Infinite  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite    Bioshock Infinite  EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:28 am

I keep meaning to download it but haven't had a chance yet. I'm hoping to do it this weekend, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bioshock Infinite  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bioshock Infinite    Bioshock Infinite  Empty

Back to top Go down

Bioshock Infinite
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team YoruSoi :: General :: Video Games-
Jump to: