Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut Empty
PostSubject: Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut   Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:06 am

Apparently, FF.net is cracking down on adult material on their site. Several authors have posted announcements regarding emails and warnings of how adult material of a sexual nature is not allowed and how stories are starting to be taken down.

Now, I have have not received any warnings or emails (and think I of all people would) but I though everyone should have a heads up. It's probably the case that they are only going after recently posted fics, but there is a chance of any fics getting taken down really if they are getting serious.

Personally, if any of my fics get taken down, I'm done with FF.net. I've had too many problems with that site and have been actively looking for an excuse to leave. I realize that rules are rules, but come on, banning smut in fanfiction is basically banning fanfiction.

Does anyone know of any alternative ways or places of posting stuff of this nature? I had smut planned but I probably won't be doing that know or at least in the near future. I mean I'll post it here (if I ever write it) but as of right now my future in FF.net is uncertain.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut   Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 6:50 am

Ah, they do this every so often. I remember years and years ago (because I am that old) where they used to have an NC-17 rating and they got rid of it to try to stop all the smut and deleted all NC-17 stories. And then everyone just reposted their stories under the R rating.

Something similar will happen here. Just make sure you've got a back up of your fic and if yours gets deleted wait a couple of months and then repost it. Simple.

Fr another site you could try A03 there's annoyingly a waiting list to join, but it's a pretty fast growing fanfiction site and is very okay with smut. It also has a much better rating system imo.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut   Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:51 am

PolarisAmane wrote:
Fr another site you could try A03 there's annoyingly a waiting list to join, but it's a pretty fast growing fanfiction site and is very okay with smut. It also has a much better rating system imo.
They're saying it'll be October before I get on. They take this shit seriously. But yeah, that site seems to be much better organized, so once I get on I'll probably completely shift over there. The ratings are much more descriptive and you can actually search for things effectively. It'll also give me an excuse to go through and clean up my fics a bit.
Back to top Go down
Mr Khan
Hollow
Mr Khan

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut   Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Only a few bits and parts of smut on there. I'd likely move my stuff over to DeviantArt otherwise. They'll take everything (barring underage smut), and i have a fairly significant following over there. Indeed, most of my smuttier FF work is already on my DA, it's just the cleaner stuff that isn't, and my dirty chapters of "All of the Little Things."
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut   Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 11:39 pm

Mediaminer. Not a very good back-up, but the only other one I read from is adultfanfiction and their system is worse than ff.net's. I just go there cause I found like 10 decent stories and I'm hoping it'll get better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut   Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut Empty

Back to top Go down

Fanfiction.net Crackdown on Smut
Page 1 of 1