Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MangaStream Ceases Translation of Viz-owned Series

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

MangaStream Ceases Translation of Viz-owned Series Empty
PostSubject: MangaStream Ceases Translation of Viz-owned Series   MangaStream Ceases Translation of Viz-owned Series EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Full release from MangaStream.com

It was bound to happen eventually, I'm just surprised it didn't happen sooner, especially since Viz no offers a subscription service where you can get their series up-to date and in English on line (because who doesn't love Viz translations?).

It's a brave new world of actually having to pay for things on the internet. There are a handful of other sites that host Bleach, but so we aren't shit out of luck yet, but one has to assume that it's only a matter of time before they eventually pull the series as well.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: MangaStream Ceases Translation of Viz-owned Series   MangaStream Ceases Translation of Viz-owned Series EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:41 pm

When One Manga went down, I looked to MangaStream for new chapters. Until now, it was either that or Manga Reader for new stuff every week. And this just happens. It was bound to happen, that much is certain, & it was fun while it lasted. It's only a matter of time before we something like this again.
Back to top Go down
Mr Khan
Hollow
Mr Khan

PostSubject: Re: MangaStream Ceases Translation of Viz-owned Series   MangaStream Ceases Translation of Viz-owned Series EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:21 am

Eventually they will be forced to offer a free model, i say. People will simply pirate their releases even if they shut everyone else down. That's how it works with One Piece anime now (Funimation has day-and-time releases of the anime, subbed), and Crunchyroll does something similar with Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, and others, but what just ends up happening is that people just pirate those releases

I'll be willing to settle for "official" translations (despite my many issues with them. The white cat in Fairy Tail's name is Charla not Carla, godammnit Crunchyroll), so long as they are ad-supported.

Although i imagine part of the problem is that Viz is forced to pay a good deal of money for the rights to release these things, so they cannot afford to leave them off ad-supported. What is needed is for companies like Shueisha to realize that the rest of the world isn't nearly as law-abiding (or willing to put up with egregiously high prices) as Japan, and that they will simply have to settle for less revenue from licensors if they want to reach a broader market.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: MangaStream Ceases Translation of Viz-owned Series   MangaStream Ceases Translation of Viz-owned Series EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:02 am

Well, MangaStream seems to be fine as they are continuing to host new chapters of Viz-owned series just fine. Unless they take 'em down a week later or something, I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MangaStream Ceases Translation of Viz-owned Series   MangaStream Ceases Translation of Viz-owned Series Empty

Back to top Go down

MangaStream Ceases Translation of Viz-owned Series
Page 1 of 1