Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A new RP?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

A new RP? Empty
PostSubject: A new RP?   A new RP? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:20 pm

So, unless Catlove rides in and says otherwise, I feel safe in saying that the current RP has pretty much died.

So, is there interest in starting a new RP? Does anyone have any ideas for one, Bleach or otherwise?

Last edited by SoldierG65434-2 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan
Crimson Warrior

A new RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new RP?   A new RP? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:28 am

Here's an idea I came up with years ago but never did anything with it. Love it, hate it. I don't care. I give free reign to do with it what you will, but please only in an rp on this board. Don't steal it and use it elsewhere, please.

It's called Rune Warriors. Basically, humanity evolved along the exact same timeline as reality up until the middle ages, when humans discovered ancient ruins filled with symbols left by the Angels, called Runes. Humanity learned that by carving certain patterns of these Runes into objects they could manipulate matter and the elements (basically kinesis triggered by the runes). This act of writing was called Scribing. By scribing the runes for Fire onto a sword the blade became cloaked in flame, dramatically increasing it's power, for example. Other Runes had similar effects. Well, eventually war broke out over these Runes only ending when four families, the Byakko, Seiryu, Suzaku, and Genbu Clans, monopolized certain elemental Runes and their accompanying Runes. The Byakko specialized in Wind and Lightning Runes, empowered by Speed Runes. They called their style the Silver Tiger Claw. The Seiryu specialized in Water and Ice Runes, empowered by Power Runes. Their style was named Azure Dragon Talon. The Suzaku specialized in Fire and Light Runes, empowered by Flight. They named their style Vermillion Phoenix Quill. The Genbu specialized in Earth and Darkness Runes. Their style was christened the Umbra Turtle Ink.

Now through the ages these Clans developed their Scribing into more advanced methods, first by Scribing Runes directly onto the object, then by Scribing them directly onto their skin. This had the interesting side-effect of causing the blood of the Scribers to become... well... I guess magical would be the proper term. This eventually allowed them to Scribe Runes into mid-air and still recieve the desired effect. This also eliminated the one weakness of Runes. If the Scribed Rune is damaged in any way (even a small scratch) the effect would cease immediatly. Eventually the people not of noble birth or who weren't part of the 4 Major clans managed to get their hands on some Runes, forming their own minor clans.

Due to the discovery of the Runes, humanity pretty much never had the need to develop their technology further. Electricity was never discovered, etc, etc. Houses never moved beyond stone huts. Monarchy was kinda replaced. The world was divided into four by the 4 Clans who ruled with a leader, but also with a council similar to the Senate. The Suzaku took the North, the Byakko had the West, the Seiryu controlled the East, and finally the Genbu lived in the South. Armies were now made of Scribes. The Martial Arts almost died out entirely. Pretty much the only physical martial arts left was Swordsmanship and Archery. Though there were some people who learned them anyways (kinda like collectors). The people were happy, but there were some who detested the 4 Clans and wished to overthrow their rule. These people were called the Koryu, led by a man named Huang-Long. They were masters of the lost skills called Martial Arts. They used only two Runes. The first was Aether. Pure Celestial Energy (think of it as golden energy blasts). This Scribe was tattooed onto their left arms and was so long it spiraled from their palm to their shoulder. The blasts could only be fired from their left arms as the right was tattooed with an even longer Rune called Void. This was the most dangerous Rune. It cancelled out all other Runes, and could even generate miniature black holes, though this took an extreme physical toll. It was so long that it turned the Koryu's right arms black.

That's about as far as I've got.
Back to top Go down
Yoruichi Fon
Sushi Monster
Yoruichi Fon

A new RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new RP?   A new RP? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 4:56 am

I absolutely ADORE what you have Crimson! I can see it working so well!!
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Crimson Warrior

A new RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new RP?   A new RP? EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 7:21 am

....... Really? Um... thanks. I came up with it at work one day during lunch, refined it a bit and then put it on the back burner to make room for my bigger, (and in my opinion, better) major idea. But that one stays with me.

Anyways, I didn't know if anyone would like it. So again, thanks! ^-^
Back to top Go down
Yoruichi Fon
Sushi Monster
Yoruichi Fon

A new RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new RP?   A new RP? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:55 pm

Not a problem! It is great!
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

A new RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new RP?   A new RP? EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 2:16 am

If you all would like to take a stab at it, I can set up the proper infrastructure. Once you start, more people are likely to join.

I'll only do it if you're on board with bringing the old one back, though.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Crimson Warrior

A new RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new RP?   A new RP? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:26 am

If you wanna give Rune Warriors a shot, okay. But I probably won't take part to avoid turning into an RP Nazi. I wanna see it from an outside perspective. I will answer questions though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A new RP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new RP?   A new RP? Empty

Back to top Go down

A new RP?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team YoruSoi :: Role Play :: Rules and Announcements-
Jump to: