Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Hunger Games

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

The Hunger Games  Empty
PostSubject: The Hunger Games    The Hunger Games  EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:13 pm

I've been waiting to read it for a while. It just came out in paperback so I finally bought it. I haven't finished it yet, but so far I really enjoy it.

Has anyone else read it? Or the second one? I guess it's supposed to be a trilogy.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
raezura
Hollow
raezura

The Hunger Games  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games    The Hunger Games  EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:27 pm

I am in love with The Hunger Games series. I'm so excited for the next one to come out. Personally I thought that the second one was a lot better than the first.

Have you heard that there's a movie in production based on it?
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

The Hunger Games  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games    The Hunger Games  EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:35 pm

I thought I remembered as much, but I wasn't sure.

I wish I was more excited but book-to-movie adaptations aren't usually that good. I hope this one is an exception. ^_^
Back to top Go down
bellatrix28
Hollow
bellatrix28

The Hunger Games  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games    The Hunger Games  EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:43 am

I've been told to read it, but have yet to do so. I've heard it's really good. It's just hard for me to read books when I have school and an addiction to the internet... I've been meaning to turn that I around because I love reading and used to do it so much - used to be such a bookworm.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

The Hunger Games  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games    The Hunger Games  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:02 am

I just got finished reading the second book in the trilogy - "Catching Fire."

It was really awesome. The sort of cliffhanger ending, though. Gah! I wonder when the third book will come out.

So raezura, do you like Gale or Peeta? Hm
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

The Hunger Games  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games    The Hunger Games  EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 6:40 am

Okay so I just finished off the first book and I enjoyed it enough to actually want to read the next one too, so that's a good thing. I did enjoy it, although it took me a while to get into it and it wasn't until the actual "games" started that I really enjoyed it.

The beginning is really boring. Katniss and I got off to a bad start sice she put her boots on before her pants and that really annoyed me. And thorughout the book Katniss has done nothing to make me like her. She's a dick. A really bloody stupid one at that.

I don't like Primm. I don't like that the author just told me that everyone loves Primm rather than showing me why everyone is so fond of her. There must be loads of little girls running around District 12, what makes Primm so special other than she's the little sister of the main character?

Speaking of things that I'm told and not shown, the conditions in District 12. I understood before I started reading that the main character grew up in a shitty area, but that was never explored. Katniss just occasionally told us that people starved there. That's nice. How about the author invests a little time into that and shows us exacty how shitty District 12 is? Thst would have made a much larger impact.

I also, and going backto Katniss here, didn't like that she can apparently get up in the morning, walk twenty metres into the woods and shoot a couple pf wild turkeys, gather fruit and then skip back hoe and go to school. Seriously? Animals wouoldn't stay anywhere near the fences. They'd roam miles and miles away. SHe'd have to go stalking for days at a time. That's how hunting works, especially good old fashioned hunting with a bow and arrow. I just laughed when it was revealed that she shot squirrils in the eye.

Haymitch is cool. I like Haymitch. I liked how Katniss and Peeta dismissed him as a drunk without putting in the slightest thought (until later) that he won his years Hunger Games, which means that he killed a bunch of other children. Haymitch better be in the next one. I also liked Effie, just because she's such an airhead and so enthusiastic. Also because I like the name.

The other contestents were mostly faceless numbers and I didn't care about them in the slightest. Rue and Peeta (for obvious reasons) were the only iones who were fleshed out and actually existed as characters. The rest were just words on a page. I didn't care when they died.

Spoiler:

Peeta was awesome. He was the most real character in the entire book and the only one I was rooting for the whole way through. It's just unfortunate for him that he's lumbered with the stupidity that is Katniss.

Oh well, onto the second book.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

The Hunger Games  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games    The Hunger Games  EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:40 pm

So I am not sure if I should make a topic in the movie section for the Hunger Games movie. But there's a trailer out for it now and man the movie looks like it might actually not suck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hunger Games  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games    The Hunger Games  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games
Page 1 of 1