Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Least Favorite Characters?

Go down 
+13
Vankio
Shadow Countess
Contadora
Hiraishin
Fatalicious
Anil
Catlove
kumo
PolarisAmane
CaptainYoruichi
SoldierG65434-2
Azley
raezura
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anil
Half-Awake Level
Anil

Least Favorite Characters? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters?   Least Favorite Characters? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:17 pm

I think the term originally was meant for characters without flaws. Though people who write OC's in fanfiction sometimes write a Mary Sue/Gary Stu "in disguise" by giving them flaws that aren't really flaws, or aren't really important. So, with the right argument, you can prove many characters to be a Mary Sue/Gary Stu "in disguise". For example, Ichigo struggles sometimes, but he always wins, period. And he never had to change his way of thinking, and never had to grow as a character; all he has to do is say to himself "I'll win because I have to", and that's that. I don't think he's a real Gary Stu, though; for me, it fits that he's meant to be a weak character ("Hero", from Devil Survivor, is the best example I can think of), though the manga would probably be better if he was an interesting character instead.

Ichigo was the only character I really disliked in Bleach when I used to watch the anime (because he really gives off "Gary Stu" vibes). I don't dislike him as much now, I just see no reason to like him either (except for his interactions with Rukia). I also didn't like Ganju because he's ugly (how shallow I am), but he won points with me when he tried to face Byakuya. I never liked Aizen as a villain. I guess I more or less like all the other characters (even irritating ones like Orihime; I prefer to remember her few better moments).

Interesting enough, I didn't like Sui-Feng before her flashback; along with Ichigo and all the ugly characters, she's the only character I disliked at first sight.
Back to top Go down
Mr Khan
Hollow
Mr Khan

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters?   Least Favorite Characters? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:07 am

Anil wrote:

Interesting enough, I didn't like Sui-Feng before her flashback; along with Ichigo and all the ugly characters, she's the only character I disliked at first sight.

From my vague recollections of the dim past and watching the Soul Society arc on Adult Swim back in like 2007, i do seem to recollect disliking her initially, although you were kind of made to. Although, even after the flashback i remained ambivalent at the time. It wasn't until i revisited things on down the line that i realized the gem that it was. Unless you're already alerted to the idea of a ship, you tend not to pay attention even to blatant shipping moments like that (unless they really hit you over the head with it and have them kiss or something).

In regards to Ichigo, it's really the lack of him ever having to confront anything that shakes his worldview. The end of the Fullbringer arc hinted at it (that he feels the Soul Society was being uncaring towards his fellow Substitute Shinigami), but then again he's known that the SS can be a group of jerks ever since Renji and Byakuya arrested Rukia and left him bleeding out on the ground, so there isn't that much new there.

Also: Hitsugaya. Not really sure what his deal is supposed to be. His tendencies seem to annoy me and he fights characters much cooler than he is (Gin in SS and Halibel in FKT)
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters?   Least Favorite Characters? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:20 am

Mr Khan wrote:
Unless you're already alerted to the idea of a ship, you tend not to pay attention even to blatant shipping moments like that (unless they really hit you over the head with it and have them kiss or something).
Really? That sakura grove scene was like a kick to the teeth for me. That's actually bart of the reason I ended up here; my incredulousness in the face of what I had witnessed.

Mr Khan wrote:
Also: Hitsugaya. Not really sure what his deal is supposed to be. His tendencies seem to annoy me and he fights characters much cooler than he is (Gin in SS and Halibel in FKT)
I don't hate Hitsugaya so much as the fact that I hate that he's so transparently a fan-service character that get's to look good because he's popular. The whole "Argh! Momo!" shtick has gotten old as well.

And seriously, fuck Ukitake. And Kaien too, while we're at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least Favorite Characters?   Least Favorite Characters? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Least Favorite Characters?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2