Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need a guy's point of view

Go down 
+3
SoldierG65434-2
Zura
CaptainYoruichi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

I need a guy's point of view Empty
PostSubject: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Even though I'm a lesbian and in a relationship, I have straight male friends that just do not seem to get they are in the Friend Zone and will always only be in the Friend Zone. I've had experience with a guy who tried to break up Joy and I and didn't seem to understand that even if Joy and I broke up, we'd just end up dating other women, because we're lesbians.

Meanwhile, I've never had any problems with lesbians trying to flirt with me or hook up with me once they find out I have a girlfriend.

I mean, what's up with that? Is it a pride thing for guys or something? Or am I just unlucky in having an unusual amount of persistent idiot guys in my life?

Any one else have a similar situation or stories?
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Zura
Edo no Akatsuki
Zura

PostSubject: Re: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:50 pm

There is still quite a lot of guys who think that lesbians can be "convert". Well, just ignore them.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 8:21 pm

One word: bees.

There are very few problems bees can't solve.

But if you want to use words to express your feeling instead of (violent) actions or angry stinging insects, tell him of them to step off or step out.

First and foremost, your in a relationship and interfering with it is a surefire way to not endear yourself.

Second, your gay and there is nothing they can do about that.

If they can't accept theses facts, then you simple don't need to associate with them.
Back to top Go down
Joyling
Captain's Wife
Joyling

PostSubject: Re: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:22 pm

I would rather go with wasps instead of bees. They are motherfucking mean, and perhaps more importantly can sting multiple times.
Back to top Go down
Dr-Tom
Hollow
Dr-Tom

PostSubject: Re: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:48 am

A lot of guys have the mentality that they can "convert" the lesbian(I've actually met women who think they can convert gay men too so it isn't exclusive). Unfortunately the reason is because of media, look at Chasing Amy as an example. Another reason is that people tend to hold on to that small thread of hope and not let go. The fact you befriended them tells them that there is some small amount of interest there and they cling to it like a lifeline. What you should do is tell them flat out, they're friends, they'll only be friends, and if they CAN'T see you as a friend and only as a potential mate/relationship then the friendship can't remain.
Back to top Go down
Fatalicious
R&R Lover
Fatalicious

PostSubject: Re: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:19 pm

Yeah, pretty much what they said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.20b.org
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:21 pm

There is also the popular belief that men and women simply cannot be friends. By accepting their company, you are implying that their is the potential for the relationship to advance.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:23 pm

I was actually going to make a new topic for that, but I'm glad you brought it up here.

Can a straight man and a straight woman be just friends?
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:29 pm

CaptainYoruichi wrote:
I was actually going to make a new topic for that, but I'm glad you brought it up here.

I'm tempted to say yes, but in light of recent events, my resolve has wavered.

Apparently, I've inadvertently charmed a few of my female associates over the time that I've known them. It's created several awkward situations for me.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:38 pm

I think at work, it's easier, because there's a kind of business atmosphere. In my personal life, though, I've had trouble with guys, straight and gay. I am pretty sure I have more female friends than male friends.
Back to top Go down
Zura
Edo no Akatsuki
Zura

PostSubject: Re: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:08 pm

Quote :

I do have some female friends, so it's possible, though most of my friends are male. (And some people think that we're gay just because we spend a lot of time together XD.)
Back to top Go down
Azley
... and Justice for All
Azley

PostSubject: Re: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:12 pm

Yeah happened to be too and not just once and I hate it.
I try to explain myself over and over again, especially because I have a GF I'll soon propose too if I find the courage yet they still hit on me.

I have no idea if it's their pride or whatever.

Funniest thing was a gay male trying to hit on me...
Back to top Go down
http://azley.deviantart.com
Zura
Edo no Akatsuki
Zura

PostSubject: Re: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:01 pm

Quote :
Funniest thing was a gay male trying to hit on me...

Then he wasn't gay, he was bisexual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a guy's point of view   I need a guy's point of view Empty

Back to top Go down

I need a guy's point of view
Page 1 of 1