Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fullmetal Alchemist

Go down 
+8
RSforsevers
Azley
PolarisAmane
spica
epeire
Keika
CaptainYoruichi
Zura
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Zura
Edo no Akatsuki
Zura

Fullmetal Alchemist Empty
PostSubject: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:31 pm

"A painless lesson is one without any meaning. One who does not sacrifice anything cannot achieve anything either."

Hagane no Renkinjutsushi (or Fullmetal Alchemist) is the story of the Elric brothers, Edward and Alphonse, who set out to find the legendary philosopher's stone after a failed attempt to transmute their mother back to life using alchemy - an attempt that cost Ed two limbs and left Al alive only through his soul being affixed to a suit of armor.

Since knowledge about such a powerful object as the philosopher's stone is tightly controlled by the State, the only way for the brothers to gain access to it is to take and pass the State Alchemist Examination and become, as Ed disparagingly calls it, a dog of the military. So, in addition to their own search, the two brothers also do the government's work, solving problems where they are sent... though, just as often, the trouble finds them before the orders to correct it.

Discuss here FMA and everything related with it :)
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:40 pm

So far I have only watched the anime of this. I loved it. One of the only animes with a really good English cast.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Keika
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:05 am

Im a huge royxriza fan ^_^

i love the storyline. The way hiromu arakawa used symbolism and mythology is great. Sadly it looks like its about to end :(

@ captain Did you watch the first series or brotherhood?
Back to top Go down
epeire
Nicht viele Leute wissen
epeire

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:14 am

I like the manga better. Sensei makes me squirm. She reminds me a lot of previous favourite characters.

The anime was alright, but in the manga things just make more sense.
Back to top Go down
spica
Batang Pasaway
spica

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:26 am

Full Metal Alchemist is the first ever anime which I got hooked on. I was dazzled with the idea of alchemy. Plus, the story lines pretty simple and clean. No frizzle frazzle and all that crap.

Keika wrote:
Im a huge royxriza fan ^_^

This is probably the only pair I support in FMA. (EdxWinry? I have my doubts though.)

I wasn't during the first series, but come brotherhood, and boom, I loved the pair! Roy's sudden attitude change rocked! He's cooler this way.

No, I haven't read the manga totally. I've been jumping from part to part. Since I've already watched the episodes, I tend to be bored with some parts of it.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:25 am

I never bothered watching the first anime since it detered from the manga. Brotherhood is a much better watch IMHO. And the manga is even better than that!

And I can't believe it's coming to an end soon! I just know that I'm going to be completely devestated by the end. I have this really awful feeling that something will happen to make me cry.
Back to top Go down
Zura
Edo no Akatsuki
Zura

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:29 am

The next chapter is going to be 108th and I suppose it's going to be the final chapter. Number 108 is of great importance in Buddhism, one of main Japanese religions, and Japanese like including symbolism in manga/anime.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:19 am

I watched the first series, plus that one movie.

I need to read the manga.
Back to top Go down
Azley
... and Justice for All
Azley

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:27 am

Read the manga and it's sad to see it end.
The first series was O.K. - the manga was better of course.
I really need to watch Brotherhood
Back to top Go down
http://azley.deviantart.com
Zura
Edo no Akatsuki
Zura

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyMon May 31, 2010 2:42 pm

Quote :
I really need to watch Brotherhood

Yes, you should. The first part which shows the moments covered in the first anime is nothing special (They didn't care much since they assumed that fans already watched the first anime), but then expect really good animation especially when it comes to Promised Day arc.
Back to top Go down
RSforsevers
The Shinigami Monster
RSforsevers

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:36 pm

I did love the first anime the brotherhood I love also. I haven't read the manga yet (I thought it ended long ago ^^77')
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KillerDragon001?feature=mhsn
Zura
Edo no Akatsuki
Zura

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:48 pm

Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:16 pm

The final chapter is up!

I'm really proud of myself, I didn't cry! I really thought that I would. But I am incredibly sad that it's finished. Easily one of the very best mangas out there.
Back to top Go down
RSforsevers
The Shinigami Monster
RSforsevers

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 8:16 pm

wow nice! X3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KillerDragon001?feature=mhsn
spica
Batang Pasaway
spica

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 1:05 am

And that ends one of the greatest mangas out there! According to me at least. Noes

PolarisAmane wrote:

I'm really proud of myself, I didn't cry! I really thought that I would.

Good for you, Polaris! I can't say the same thing for myself though, I think I cried. Well, I wasn't aware until I noticed a tear down my cheek. Sweat

Well, too bad it's over, but then again, I'm glad it ended the way it ended. XD
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 4:20 pm

This is also one of my favorite anime/manga series ever. The way it ended was satisfying enough, and I look forward to seeing it animated soon. Noes
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:29 am

So I've caught the dub a few times and this seems like an interesting series that I could get into. The only problem is that I don't know where to start.

I don't really feel like reading the manga, and there are two series, FMA and FMA: Brotherhood. I hear that the two series are similar, so I want to know which one to watch before potentially wasting my time.

Also, dub or sub? I know the answer is usually sub, but after Black Lagoon, I feel this is a legitimate question.

Unless there are significant differences between the manga and the animes, in which case i guess I'll just buckle down and read them.
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:42 am

SoldierG65434-2 wrote:

I don't really feel like reading the manga, and there are two series, FMA and FMA: Brotherhood. I hear that the two series are similar, so I want to know which one to watch before potentially wasting my time.

Also, dub or sub? I know the answer is usually sub, but after Black Lagoon, I feel this is a legitimate question.

Unless there are significant differences between the manga and the animes, in which case i guess I'll just buckle down and read them.
You don't really have to read the manga, but Brotherhood is what pretty much sums it up with 64 episodes. The first FMA was only 51 episodes & branched away from the main story about halfway through (during the time the manga was still running). Also, its dub is good, so give it a shot. Your call.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 9:16 pm

FMA is one of the few series' that actually has an amazing dub.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:18 pm

I'd go with Brotherhood. I prefer when the anime and manga sync up.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 7:19 am

Brotherhood follows the manga more closely than the other one, but it also cuts out a lot from the beginning since the first anime adaption had already covered all that and they didn't want to retread old ground. The very first episode of Brotherhood is also filler and, obviously, has nothing to do with the manga and I have no idea why they did that.

The dub is prettty good, there's a few voices that I didn't like and Ed's takes a bit of getting used to, but overall they did a damn fine job. If you watch the sub though beware that the chick who voices Ed also voices Hitsugaya and it is a weeny bit annoying.

Really though, as good as the anime is, the manga is a bajillion times better.
Back to top Go down
HardcoreHunter
Hollow
HardcoreHunter

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 9:48 pm

Aside from the Manga, if I had to pick an anime to watch of the manga it would be Brotherhood.

The character development for the first series was crap. The characters did not grow at all and just became deeply depressing. In brotherhood they get depressed but then they grow from it and not let things consume them for over 90% of the series like it was in the first series.
Back to top Go down
http://revolutionofevangelion.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fullmetal Alchemist   Fullmetal Alchemist Empty

Back to top Go down

Fullmetal Alchemist
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team YoruSoi :: General :: Other Manga/Anime-
Jump to: