Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Claymore Discussion

Go down 
+3
Anil
kumo
CaptainYoruichi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

Claymore Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:22 pm

I'm a huge fan of Claymore. Favorite character is a hard choice. I want to say Teresa, but almost everyone likes Teresa. So I'll say Clare.

Of the villains, Ophelia, for the win.

If you like Bleach, or you don't like Bleach, either way, check out Claymore. ^_^
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
kumo
Hollow
kumo

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptySat May 08, 2010 4:22 am

I also read claymore :D
the story itself is cool, the writer never hesitate to kill the character = win

most of the character is great, but I personally like Miria, Galatea, and Helen best :3
from the villains I like Ophelia, Isley, and Riful

the only one character I don't like is Raki... -____-
Back to top Go down
Anil
Half-Awake Level
Anil

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:38 pm

I admit: I started to read Claymore now because captain said there's character named Teresa in it, and I'm curious to see what she's like (that's actually the name of my sister).
I'm liking it so far, and I'll comment here later.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptyThu May 13, 2010 4:12 pm

I have only watched the anime - I once again fail at life. I did like it though and I should make the effort to read the manga. Question: is Raki as annoying in the manga as he is in the anime? Because I wanted him to die a painful, horrible death.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:34 pm

Raki is not in the manga as much as he is in the anime. He disappears for several chapters and then reappears for one chapter and then disappears again.

The manga is soooo much better than the anime.
Back to top Go down
Yoruichi Fon
Sushi Monster
Yoruichi Fon

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 6:36 am

I just recently started reading the manga. What I've read, I've really liked.

On a bit of a tangent, I met the voice actress of Illena: Wendy Powell. She did an imitation of how she does Illena's voice, and I have to say I really want to watch the anime now!
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:26 pm

Yeah, Claymore is awesome. The latest chapter was really awesome, too.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 4:05 pm

Okay, so I after hearing so many people praise this manga so highly, I decided to finally read this thing for myself. And after 2 volumes, I do not like what I see.

The first thing that was off putting to me was the art style. It's in this weird limbo between realistic and manga style, and it just looks wrong. I understand what the artist was trying to do with it though. The story is taking place in, for all intensive purposes, medieval Europe, so the artists wanted for the characters to at least appear quasi-Anglo Saxon but still have that manga aesthetic. But the two styles don't gel at all and the result is some freakish looking characters with terrifyingly large foreheads. And I have a thing about forehead size, so that's an issue for me.

And then there is the story. So far it seems pretty standard fare hero's quest stuff, but I think Claymore is jumping the gun a bit. I'm only two volumes in out of 104 and we've already had our first death fake-out in Clare. And in all honesty, I wouldn't have cared if she died because it's been to short a time to get attached to the characters.

But more than that, I'm just getting misogynistic vibes from it. I have the sneaking suspicion that that "only women can be Claymores" logic is going to be used to justify some pretty sexist stuff. Fuck, it already has been. Clare got naked in volume 1 twice and all the chapter breaks in volume 2 are naked women holding swords.

I know that every manga starts out rocky (especially in the art department) and that I'm judging probably too harshly, but Claymore has left a bad first impression and unless anyone can show me proof that all the things I said either improve or aren't true, then I'm going to have to give this one a pass.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptySun May 15, 2011 3:28 pm

Did you ever give Claymore another try? Re-reading this, it seems as though you never made it to the Teresa arc, which is where Claymore really starts to take off.

Anyway, the last few chapters have been pretty epic if you're a Miria fan. ^_^
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:17 pm

CaptainYoruichi wrote:
Did you ever give Claymore another try? Re-reading this, it seems as though you never made it to the Teresa arc, which is where Claymore really starts to take off.
I've decided to give the anime a try over the manga. The biggest grievance I had with Claymore was it's art and I'm hoping putting it in motion and adding some color will mitigate that. And the foreheads.

Unless the the anime is a travesty that should be avoided at all cost. In which case please speak up so I don't waste my time.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:27 pm

The anime is great!

That is, up to about episode 25 (I think) when it diverges from the manga. I would watch it anyway, though. Maybe it will be a good motivation for you to read the manga again. LOL
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:51 pm

So I'm half-way through and despite the fact that pretty much all the complaints I had for the manga still hold I'm really enjoying it. It's really refreshing to see an organization in an anime where rank actually holds weight and isn't some vague and arbitrary assignment that get's thrown out the window as soon as the hero shows up.

The fact that they use the Star Wars laser sound every time one of the Claymores releases their powers never ceases to be funny to me and bongos and bagpipes should not go this well together.

It's also nice that this series addresses just how gnarly these women would be given their lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:56 pm

Clare's growth vs. the main villain (at least in the manga) is something that Kubo really could have taken pointers on. Claymore's author really shows how powerful Priscilla is and how powerful Clare has the potential to be without overpowing either one of them.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:59 am

So I finished the series and despite really enjoying it, I wasn't left with a desire to read the manga, I was left wanting to read that book. I feel like Claymore would make a better book or series of books than it makes a manga because I still feel like Claymore is a visually bland series. Though I am curious as to where and how the manga and anime separate.

As for my favorite characters, I came out really liking Stretchy-Arms Helen and Inexplicable-Elf-Ears Irene.

And I really didn't mind Raki all that much...until the last episode. Great assfucking Moses that last episoded. She's a people juice eater! You saw her eat people juice!
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 9:36 am

Helen is awesome. She's still in the manga so far, too.
Back to top Go down
b-ko
Hollow
b-ko

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 8:32 am

As a series as I actually like Claymore a lot more than I like Bleach, but the characters I like in Bleach are more engaging than the ones I like in Claymore. It might have to to with the fact all my favourite Claymores keep...
Spoiler:

Irene remains my favourite and I live in hope she will return.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:20 am

So supposedly there's only one more chapter of Claymore coming out (it's on 154 now and the last one is 155) and then it's ending.

Personally I am ok with this. I'd rather it ended on a high note instead of dragging on like some other mangas. Hm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Claymore Discussion   Claymore Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Claymore Discussion
Page 1 of 1