Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Questions regarding a prospective bleach Role Play.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level


Posts: 226
Join date: 2010-05-08
Age: 26

PostSubject: Questions regarding a prospective bleach Role Play.   Tue May 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Sorry if this is the wrong section for this thread. Please feel free to move it if it's not appropriate.

Anyway, yes. I've been itching to roleplay for a while, and fledgling forums are the best place to try to set them up, I find. XD

So it is that I come to you today to ask you a bunch of questions on that very subject! For an RP to be successful, it would need at least five active players, but more than that is always welcome. To make the prospect as appealing to as many people as possible, I'd like to start by getting an idea of the preferances of the people here. I've assembled a couple questions, please just answer them honestly.

Any help would be appreciated!


1.) Would you be interested in participating in a Bleach role play?

2.) Would you prefer to play a game in which the players take the roles of established Bleach characters and play in their voice, or to play in an alternate Bleach universe where players make their own characters?

3.) Which point in the bleach timeline would you prefer to have the story take place?

4.) Would you prefer a simple RP that is basically just a communal story told by all, or would you prefer to have simple gameplay elements added to the RP?

5.) Would you prefer a primarily character-driven game with very little central story, or have your characters interact with a complex narrative?

I have my own ideas for how I would like to organize the game, but naturally the point is for everyone to have fun. Thank you for your time.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker


Posts: 1124
Join date: 2010-05-06
Location: Citadel Station

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding a prospective bleach Role Play.   Tue May 11, 2010 8:36 pm

Catlove wrote:
Sorry if this is the wrong section for this thread. Please feel free to move it if it's not appropriate.
If there is enough intrest, I or CaptainYoruichi will create an RP forum.

Catlove wrote:
1.) Would you be interested in participating in a Bleach role play?.

I guess I would be. At the very least I'm curious. I've never participated in an RP before.

Catlove wrote:
2.) Would you prefer to play a game in which the players take the roles of established Bleach characters and play in their voice, or to play in an alternate Bleach universe where players make their own characters?.

Why not both? Canon Bleach universe with both original and established characters. Of course, there would have to be limitations on OCs, like no messiahs.

Catlove wrote:
3.) Which point in the bleach timeline would you prefer to have the story take place?.

I would say arrancar arc onward. That way people can take sides in an active conflict.

Catlove wrote:
4.) Would you prefer a simple RP that is basically just a communal story told by all, or would you prefer to have simple gameplay elements added to the RP?.

To my understanding, comunal stories seems to be what's hot on the streets, after talking to CaptainYoruichi. Of course, we could add basic gamplay mechanics to enchance events such as conflict. This forums has modules designed specifically for Role-Playing, so we could use them.

Of course, most people probably don't want to be bothered with character sheets and hit-points. On the other hand, there is the risk of people writing perpetual fights if there is isn't an established combat system, with both parties inventing new techniquues to counter the other party.

But, if combat isn't going to be central to the RP, then both of the above become moot.

Catlove wrote:
5.) Would you prefer a primarily character-driven game with very little central story, or have your characters interact with a complex narrative?.

Again, why not both? We cold have an overarching plot that transpires in snapshots of character interaction.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We think we know your secret. But it's safe with us.
Co-Administrator
Fanfiction.net - Ficlets - My fic commentaires - Tumblr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RSforsevers
The Shinigami Monster


Posts: 287
Join date: 2010-05-06
Age: 23
Location: WV, USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding a prospective bleach Role Play.   Tue May 11, 2010 9:39 pm

hey I'd do it ^^77 be fun
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/KillerDragon001?feature=mhsn
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level


Posts: 1211
Join date: 2010-05-06
Age: 31
Location: Nerd Palace

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding a prospective bleach Role Play.   Tue May 11, 2010 10:37 pm

1.) Would you be interested in participating in a Bleach role play?
Definitely

2.) Would you prefer to play a game in which the players take the roles of established Bleach characters and play in their voice, or to play in an alternate Bleach universe where players make their own characters?
I think it would be cool to do canon and OC characters. Obviously, we would need restrictions on OCs but I think it can be done.

3.) Which point in the bleach timeline would you prefer to have the story take place?
I don't really have a preference, although if we start with the Arrancar arc as Soldier suggested, by the time we get to the Fake K-Town fights in the rp, they'll probably be done in the manga so we don't have to alter canon too much.

4.) Would you prefer a simple RP that is basically just a communal story told by all, or would you prefer to have simple gameplay elements added to the RP?
I'm more used to the communal story told by all way of rp-ing, but if I see an example of how to do it in other ways, I can learn very quickly.

5.) Would you prefer a primarily character-driven game with very little central story, or have your characters interact with a complex narrative?
I think a mix of both would be preferable.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Azley
... and Justice for All


Posts: 468
Join date: 2010-05-06
Age: 27
Location: Desolace

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding a prospective bleach Role Play.   Wed May 12, 2010 10:34 am

I see trouble coming up who will take Soi & Yoruichi as characters ~

Generally I would be interested as long as it doesn't end in a big love story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://azley.deviantart.com
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level


Posts: 226
Join date: 2010-05-08
Age: 26

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding a prospective bleach Role Play.   Wed May 12, 2010 2:04 pm

SoldierG65434-2 wrote:

To my understanding, comunal stories seems to be what's hot on the streets, after talking to CaptainYoruichi. Of course, we could add basic gamplay mechanics to enchance events such as conflict. This forums has modules designed specifically for Role-Playing, so we could use them.

May I have more informatin on the Role-playing modules the forum has to offer? Communal stories are a fine way to proceed, but the reason I made it a choice is because I figure if we can find a way to add gameplay mechanics, and turn it into more of a simplistic D&D style game experience then even people who don't feel confident in their writing abilities could have fun participating.

CaptainYoruichi wrote:
[i4.) Would you prefer a simple RP that is basically just a communal story told by all, or would you prefer to have simple gameplay elements added to the RP?
I'm more used to the communal story told by all way of rp-ing, but if I see an example of how to do it in other ways, I can learn very quickly.

I have some ideas for gameplay mechanics that I'd like to experiment with, based on what sorts of facilities for RPs the forum has. It'll be hard to randomize things without the use of dice, but I can at least find a way to make it a bit different from the simple... but without making it as convoluted as BA's RP.



Azley wrote:
I see trouble coming up who will take Soi & Yoruichi as characters ~

Generally I would be interested as long as it doesn't end in a big love story.

Yes, if we leave the narrative to all the characters individually, it would run the risk of turning into a very romance/character-interaction based thing... I'm thinking the best way to prevent that would be to have one person (probably me, since it's what I do. X D) not make a character, but instead serve as a "Game Master" of sorts, who controls the NPCs, and sets the pace of the central story as the characters move on in it. That way, the romances, character developments, and other such things become side stories that enrich the central plot. But it's all experimental. I've never tried this before.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker


Posts: 1124
Join date: 2010-05-06
Location: Citadel Station

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding a prospective bleach Role Play.   Wed May 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Catlove wrote:
May I have more informatin on the Role-playing modules the forum has to offer? Communal stories are a fine way to proceed, but the reason I made it a choice is because I figure if we can find a way to add gameplay mechanics, and turn it into more of a simplistic D&D style game experience then even people who don't feel confident in their writing abilities could have fun participating.
There are character sheets that support diffrent choices such as race and active status bars for things such as expreince and health. There is also a dicre roll module.

I'm going ot experiment with the modules for a bit so I can get a better understanding of them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We think we know your secret. But it's safe with us.
Co-Administrator
Fanfiction.net - Ficlets - My fic commentaires - Tumblr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RSforsevers
The Shinigami Monster


Posts: 287
Join date: 2010-05-06
Age: 23
Location: WV, USA

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding a prospective bleach Role Play.   Wed May 12, 2010 3:43 pm

(hehe I'd just wanna be Kenpachi I love him XD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/KillerDragon001?feature=mhsn
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level


Posts: 226
Join date: 2010-05-08
Age: 26

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding a prospective bleach Role Play.   Wed May 12, 2010 4:04 pm

SoldierG65434-2 wrote:
Catlove wrote:
May I have more informatin on the Role-playing modules the forum has to offer? Communal stories are a fine way to proceed, but the reason I made it a choice is because I figure if we can find a way to add gameplay mechanics, and turn it into more of a simplistic D&D style game experience then even people who don't feel confident in their writing abilities could have fun participating.
There are character sheets that support diffrent choices such as race and active status bars for things such as expreince and health. There is also a dicre roll module.

I'm going ot experiment with the modules for a bit so I can get a better understanding of them.

A Dice Roll module? =D

With access to dice rolls, it would be completely possible to create a simple, but still fun and engaging battle system for the RP.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker


Posts: 1124
Join date: 2010-05-06
Location: Citadel Station

PostSubject: Re: Questions regarding a prospective bleach Role Play.   Wed May 12, 2010 4:11 pm

Catlove wrote:
SoldierG65434-2 wrote:
Catlove wrote:
May I have more informatin on the Role-playing modules the forum has to offer? Communal stories are a fine way to proceed, but the reason I made it a choice is because I figure if we can find a way to add gameplay mechanics, and turn it into more of a simplistic D&D style game experience then even people who don't feel confident in their writing abilities could have fun participating.
There are character sheets that support diffrent choices such as race and active status bars for things such as expreince and health. There is also a dicre roll module.

I'm going ot experiment with the modules for a bit so I can get a better understanding of them.

A Dice Roll module? =D

With access to dice rolls, it would be completely possible to create a simple, but still fun and engaging battle system for the RP.
Yeah, but the unfortunate thing is that nothing is automated. The players would have to alter their hit point and such to reflect the events of the battle manually.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We think we know your secret. But it's safe with us.
Co-Administrator
Fanfiction.net - Ficlets - My fic commentaires - Tumblr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 

Questions regarding a prospective bleach Role Play.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

 Similar topics

-
» T1 - Paragraph Role Play
» Shugo Chara Guardian Role Play
» life at duel academy role play idea
» {Bleach Manga Staff}
» Bleach Theme by Screamokelvin

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team YoruSoi :: Bleach :: General-