Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yeyeo
Hollow

Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions? Empty
PostSubject: Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions?   Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:02 pm

I was re-watching some Yoru-Soi interactions and noticed that they were mostly more one-sided with Sui-Feng being more blatant with her emotions. Has anyone spotted interesting moments in Bleach which suggests Yoruichi cares for Sui-Feng beyond their mentor/student relatonship?

I also started wondering whether Yoruichi purposely sought out Sui-Feng after her 100 years exile or just coincidentally grabbed Sui-Feng away before Sui could kill Kiyone.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions?   Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:10 pm

That's the million dollar question, isn't it?

As far as the manga is concerned, the closest we get to any real display of affection between them is the change in Yoruichi's demeanor when she fighters Sui-Feng. In her human form, she was fairly serious and scowly, with a few exception. When she starts fighting Sui-Feng, she's smiling and joking (in the beginning at least).

In the anime, probably the best example is Yoruichi carrying Sui-Feng in the Zanpakuto Arc.
Back to top Go down
yeyeo
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions?   Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 am

Hmm... is the movie verse considered canon? I'm particularly attached to how Yoruichi looked out for Sui-Feng while they were fighting the creatures in the 2nd and 3rd movie, even though they portrayed Sui-Feng as less careless than what we would expect of her.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions?   Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions? EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:27 am

Hm, I think as far as the movies go, they aren't considered canon, storywise. I think, though, how the characters are characterized, is canon. If that makes any sense? Like if it were the manga, the characters would react the same way. So I tend to think that in the manga, Yoruichi would look after Sui-Feng the same way she did in the movies.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Mr Khan
Hollow
Mr Khan

PostSubject: Re: Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions?   Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Indeed it is the million-dollar question. It's clear Yoruichi feels *something* for Soi Fon (due to evidence posited in this thread and how her interactions with Soi are basically unique), but to what extent? Who knows.

At least it's growing obvious that whatever Kubo's original intentions were (and as i've said, there's good evidence that he made up a lot of Yoruichi's backstory on the fly, making the wise male cat-mentor into a hot chick for the lulz, and then making up her backstory with Soi Fon to manufacture more drama), i believe that he has bought into the idea of YoruSoi as a thing since then.

The question remains whether it will be acknowledged at all before the story ends, let alone made explicit.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions?   Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:30 am

If Kenpachi/Unohana can become a sort of real canon thing (seriously that was a crack ship) it gives me hope for YoruSoi. LOL
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions?   Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Yoruichi reciprocate Sui-Feng's emotions?
Page 1 of 1