Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why do you watch anime?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

Why do you watch anime?  Empty
PostSubject: Why do you watch anime?    Why do you watch anime?  EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:30 pm

So, I'm sitting here, downloading both seasons of Maria Holic and I'm wondering; why do you guys watch anime? How do you pick you're series?

For me, I pretty much am in it for the crazy. The finer points of storytelling and characterization are often lost when dealing with anime. First, you have to deal with fundamental cultural differences that can be mitigated through study and immersion. And even then unless you speak the language you have to deal with translation and interpretation issues involved with dubbing and subbing. Because of this, I've pretty much given up on looking for thoes "good" animes and have shifted to searching for the totally crazy or things that render me completly incredulous.

What is you're guy's MO when searching for a new series?

(And when the fuck are the dubbing season 3 of Black Lagoon?)
Back to top Go down
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada
FullMetal Spartan

PostSubject: Re: Why do you watch anime?    Why do you watch anime?  EmptyTue May 22, 2012 9:59 pm

....I've honestly haven't much clue as to why I watch anime at this point.

Entertainment, partly. Some of the stuff I follow are mainstream, but I've got my own reasons. I like anime that not only look good visually, but should have some sort of appeal, at least. Maybe it has loads of action, or perhaps an overdose of fan service. Maybe it has elements from a genre I really like & does it well. Maybe it's a take on a Western series I also support, or connected to a video game I love. Idk. I don't always try to look for a plot in an anime, but if it's just plain ridiculous, with too many plot holes or too over your head, I'll either try to go with it, or move on to something else.

I'm still waiting on the rest of the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs to be dubbed, as well as Black Lagoon season 3. And a bunch of other stuff.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Why do you watch anime?    Why do you watch anime?  EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Really, the number one thing I look for is possible lesbian subtext, which is shallow of me, but really narrows it down. To not a whole lot. I don't really try new animes often, as a result. I really should branch out and be less picky, since there's a lot of anime on Netflix that I have never seen.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you watch anime?    Why do you watch anime?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do you watch anime?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team YoruSoi :: General :: Other Manga/Anime-
Jump to: