Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Friend Zone.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: The Friend Zone.   Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:02 am

You all know what I'm talking about, I hope.

Friend zone - A state of being where a person inadvertently becomes a ‘platonic friend’ of an attractive person who he/she was trying to intitate a romantic relationship.

To which my thoughts on the subject are summed up thusly:

Quote :
The next time someone tells me how much it "sucks to be friend-zoned" gets a punch to the gut.

I’m sorry my friendship is such a shitty consolation prize in your eyes, I just thought that you were being nice for the sake for being nice - not to gain points to get something from me that I don’t want to give.

And don’t you dare pulled that “I listened and helped them through all their problems, I deserve something!” crap. People don’t OWE you anything for that, other than being a good friend in return.

Quote :
“Slut-shaming is how you vilify women for exercising their right to say yes. The Friendzone is how you vilify women for exercising their right to say no.”

That’s really all their is to it. No, you are not a “nice guy” if you’re only being nice to a girl so you can fuck her later. You are not a “nice guy” if when you find out that she doesn’t want to sleep with you, you vilify her by saying she “friendzoned” you.

Quote :
PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL YOU NO. PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO ENJOY YOUR COMPANY WITHOUT WANTING TO FUCK YOU. PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIKE YOU, WITHOUT WANTING TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU.

If you automatically assume that you deserve something from someone, because they owe you, because every fucking good deed or polite word offered is added to a mental tally that you keep in your head, maybe you aren’t such a nice guy.

As you can tell, I have very strong feelings on this, mostly because I have male friends who probably consider themselves friendzoned and it pisses me off. The fact that I'm a lesbian automatically friendzones guys anyway, so I hate that they have these unrealistic expectations that I'm going to fall in love with them if they are nice enough to me.

So what are your thoughts on the Friend Zone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Friend Zone.   Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:00 am

Our culture's subsequent shame and monomaniacal obsession with sex has done real bad things to relations between the sexes.

The only time Friend-zoneing is objectionable is when one person has strung along another, taking advantage of their affections only to declare their platonic interests once they've stopped being useful.

But if either party is upfront with their desire for friendship then there's absolutely nothing wrong with it and anyone who get's upset about is someone you probably shouldn't be associating with.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We think we know your secret. But it's safe with us.
Co-Administrator
Fanfiction.net - Ficlets - My fic commentaires - Tumblr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Khan
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: The Friend Zone.   Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:32 am

To speak from my perspective, if guys are complaining about friendzoning they're likely venting about the inability to disassociate romance from friendship. Those of us who have never achieved any sort of romantic success with our desired target gender blame friendzoning in part of the broader belief that women don't want "nice guys," and that if you can't compete with the bad boys (as i in no way am able to) then attempts at friendship are your only way in, which is why we loathe the friendzone as the inescapable trap that seemingly gives women complete license to terminate the relationship at any point (or worse, retroactively re-designate the one date you've ever been on as something that wasn't a date)

Given the difficulties perpetually unlucky guys like me have to go through, a little understanding for our ire at the notion should be merited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Friend Zone.   

Back to top Go down

The Friend Zone.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1