Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

KONY 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Naked Snake
Most Active Poster

PostSubject: KONY 2012   Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:29 am

Watch the video. I know it's long, but it's not a waste of time.

http://kony2012.com is the website where you can pledge, donate, and buy merchandise.

Thanks for your time, guys.

(I'm actually not sure where this thread should go. Move it if it's in the wrong place, please.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: KONY 2012   Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:45 pm

The world is plenty aware of Joseph Kony. Not only is he's wanted by the ICC for war crimes and is on the FBI's most wanted lists, but in 2008 the US sent moeny and guns to Uganda to combat the LRA, and then in 2011 we sent troops.

You can't raise awareness for a problem that's already known, and you certainly can't help solve it by donating to a charity that spends 68% of it's donations on itself and uses the rest to produce "advocacy" films or gives it to another criminal.

Invisible Children is a scam that fleeces money from the out-of-touch who want to feel like they're helping the world. They use the money you give them to make more videos to get more money out of you. If they truly cared, they would put their money where there mouths are, instead of into their own pockets.

There are plenty of organizations and charities that are dedicated to active aid in the region. Give your money to them, since they actually want to help people is stead of exploit the problem.

The national annual income of the average American household in 2010 was 4$1,673.83. There are people working for Invisible Children who make over $80,000.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We think we know your secret. But it's safe with us.
Co-Administrator
Fanfiction.net - Ficlets - My fic commentaires - Tumblr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FullMetal Spartan
Privaron Espada

PostSubject: Re: KONY 2012   Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:48 pm

I honestly have never heard of Joseph Kony till I saw this thread. Facepalm Now, I feel aware about what's going on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: KONY 2012   Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:48 pm

This is probably unrelated but still hilarious. The co-founder of Invisible Children, the guy narrating the Kony 2012 was, was arrested today for drunkenly masturbating in public.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We think we know your secret. But it's safe with us.
Co-Administrator
Fanfiction.net - Ficlets - My fic commentaires - Tumblr

Last edited by SoldierG65434-2 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naked Snake
Most Active Poster

PostSubject: Re: KONY 2012   Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:54 pm

I saw that. I also found it pretty humorous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KONY 2012   

Back to top Go down

KONY 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1