Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

E3 2011 Impressions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

E3 2011 Impressions Empty
PostSubject: E3 2011 Impressions   E3 2011 Impressions EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Has anyone else been following E3?

What do you think?

Personally, I thought Microsoft had a pretty weak showing. Nothing really groundbreaking or exciting. They just showed us a lot of games we already knew about and a lot of Kinect games. The only unexpected announcement was probably Halo 4, but I think even that was kind of unsurprising, considering Halo is Microsoft's biggest franchise.

Sony showed off their new handheld, the PSVita. The low price ($249.99 for the base model, $299.99 for the 3G model), considering the technology powering it, was a pleasant surprise. They didn't show that many games for it, however, and what they did show looked action and fps heavy. I'm going to wait to see what kind of jrpg support it gets before I consider buying it.

Nintendo showed off their new console, named the Wii U. The console itself is just slightly larger than a Wii and is confirmed to support 1080p. Most of Nintendo's focus was showing off the controller that goes with the Wii U. The controller looks like a tablet with its built in 6.2 inch touchscreen. It also features a microphone, a gyroscope, an accelerometer, dual analog controls, two shoulder buttons, two trigger buttons, a front facing camera, and a stylus. Despite its appearance, however, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata was careful to stress that the Wii U's controller wasn't designed to be a portable system.

You can see pictures of the system and the controller here.

That being said, the two things that excited me most that I have seen so far:

1. Luigi's Mansion 2 for the 3DS. The first game on the Gamecube was an overlooked gem, and I am quite happy that it is receiving a sequel.

2. Final Fantasy XIII-2 trailer that hints at an alternate universe setting in which Lightning is dead or believed to be dead.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

E3 2011 Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: E3 2011 Impressions   E3 2011 Impressions EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:35 pm

I'll get back to you in greater detail when I catchup on Giantbomb's coverage, but yeah I haven't heard of anything that at all has piqued my interest.
Back to top Go down

E3 2011 Impressions
Page 1 of 1