Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Best Soundtrack

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

The Best Soundtrack Empty
PostSubject: The Best Soundtrack   The Best Soundtrack EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:42 pm

I'm curious to hear what game you guys consider to have the best soundtrack.

After thinking about it for a while, I came to the conclusion that the distinction should go to Streets of Rage 2.

While there may be other soundtracks that are compositionally superior or stylistically apropo, I've yet to hear another soundtrack that from a game that I only associate with that single game.

Somehow, Yuzo Koshiro managed to take the Sega Genisis's shitty sound card and create a unique style that you can hear though some of the best music for a game ever.

And to further prove my point, Yuzo Koshiro is a DJ and he regularly plays his stuff from his work on the Streets of Rage series in his sets.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: The Best Soundtrack   The Best Soundtrack EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 6:55 am

You mean he's never been able to come up with another popular composition and has to rely on his Streets of Rage soundtrack to sell his shows? Flog that dead horse man, flog it hard!

Mentioning Final Fantasu VII and VIII are probably pretty fucking obvious, but they do deserve it.

For me though I'm either going to have to go for Secret of Mana, the title music still gives me chills.

And Shadow of the Colossus for fairly obvious reasons.

I'm also going to give special mention to Terranigma, because it's awesome and always deserves a mention.
Back to top Go down
epeire
Nicht viele Leute wissen
epeire

PostSubject: Re: The Best Soundtrack   The Best Soundtrack EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 11:08 pm

I find anything from Yuzo Koshiro wonderful, especially Stream of Tears from WMMT.

That being said, I'd have to go with Final Fantasy IX for my favourite. The whole soundtrack was a masterpiece, though mostly any Final Fantasy soundtrack is good. If there is one thing Final Fantasy does right, it's always the scores.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: The Best Soundtrack   The Best Soundtrack EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Tales of Legendia. Fangirl

Last edited by CaptainYoruichi on Sun May 29, 2011 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level
Catlove

PostSubject: Re: The Best Soundtrack   The Best Soundtrack EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 4:19 am

Final Fantasy IX and Tactics from Uematsu's work.

Shin Megami Tensei games, especially Persona 4 and the Digital Devil Saga, have some of the catchiest tunes ever, courtesy of Shoji Meguro.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: The Best Soundtrack   The Best Soundtrack EmptySun May 15, 2011 1:40 pm

I love a lot of individual songs from the Persona games, but not usually the whole soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Best Soundtrack   The Best Soundtrack Empty

Back to top Go down

The Best Soundtrack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team YoruSoi :: General :: Video Games-
Jump to: