Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Episode 4: Staggered Assault

Go down 
+7
Naked Snake
CaptainYoruichi
SoldierG65434-2
SoifonShihoin
Fatalicious
Crimson Warrior
Catlove
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 9:40 pm

"Do we pursue them, m'lord?" Walther turned to the frowning Barbarossa, who was watching the Shinigami retreat.

"Let them go," The bearded man shook his head. "Let the fear on their faces inform the Gotie of out arrival." Almost instinctively, the Mages assembled on Barbarossa. "Walther, Gyne!"

"Yes, sire," The men bowed, flakes of soot falling off of Gyne's shaggy hair, though his gloves remained unstained.

"Put out the fires and repair what damage that you can." The men nodded and left. Barbarossa turned to the one remaining.

"Dallas, tend to any injured civilians." He looked down on the young man. he was sweating heavily and his face was smeared with dirt. He looked quite miserable.

"Yes, my lord." Dallas affirmed breathlessly. Barbarossa moved to the center of the village, next to the remains of a well. A well that was destroyed before the fighting broke out.

"Citizens of Rukongai!" Barbarossa's voiced boomed through the village. "Come out of hiding! No harm will befall you! You are not out enemies!"
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:02 am

Tod watched the two reapers leave. Surprised he saw the intruders leave soon after. Only then was he finally able to break down. The tears flowed like never before. It must have been an hour before he stopped. He picked himself up off the ground and began walking. Away from seireitei, away from the chaos, away from the death, and... away from reality...

(Well. I'm out. Tod is to fade into self-imposed exile. Asashi is to... well. Hell, I don't care. Someone make him disappear with good reason without killing him. If I ever come back as a more skilled RPer, I wanna use him again. Maybe Tod too... maybe. It's been fun and good luck with the RP)
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Phoenix paused, looking somewhat uncertain, which was unusual for her. "Shouldn't we inform the captains before we do anything? What if this is just a drill of some kind? I'm going to find someone. Maybe Vice Captain Nanao will have orders for us like last time." She used her limited shunpo skills to head towards the Squad 8 barracks, where she thought she might find Nanao.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Fatalicious
R&R Lover
Fatalicious

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:27 pm

'I'm going to stop and wait here then.' Higgins thought. Unfortunately, he did not know where 'here' was, only that he was somewhere in Rukongai.
Back to top Go down
http://www.20b.org
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level
Catlove

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:53 pm

District 76

Ptolmea knew what the mission required of him, knew that he was supposed to inspire the people to revolt against the shinigami of their own accord, but he also knew that something like that was completely outside of his abilities. He didn't have much in the way of social skills, and while he wasn't the sort of person to pick fights with those who couldn't defend themselves, and thus hadn't acted against the citizens of the district, he also couldn't quite open his mouth to say anything to them.

To make matters worse, a large number of hollows had jumped through the garganta with him, and they weren't nearly as selective with their victims as Ptolmea was. Once they began to dive toward the crowds, causing them to erupt into pandemonium, he knew that he had failed. He would have to apologize to Lady Anastasia later.

Fortunately for him, a little while after the hollow began their rampage the familiar sound of a zanpaku-to cutting flesh rang in his ears. He ran forward to investigate, watching with earnest respect as Serenity cut a bloody swath in the hollow legions. It was a sight he hadn't seen in centuries... not since he had been commited to hell as a guardian of Cocytus... and it awoke a love of battle that he had ben letting sleep for just as long.

With a mighty leap he lurched forward. landing behind a hollow just as serenity's blade tore through it.

"You got some skill, little lady." He said, honestly. Laughing in his boisterous way.

Squad 8 barracks

Every seated officer was on edge, gathered and standing at attention as they patiently awaited the return of their Captain. Nanao oversaw them carefully, keeping her own nerves calm so as not to make the nervous excitement of the others all the worse; however, when she felt a reiatsu traveling rapidly toward them, her heart couldn't help but race, for a moment.

She calmed down once she recognized it as a shinigami, and headed outward to great Phoenix.

"You there... You're not with squad eight..." She began, her memory finally jogging as she stared at the face of the newcomer. "Ah yes, you're part of Unohana-taicho's new unit... What business do you have here?"

District 72

It had been a very, VERY long run. Takemura was completely out of shape, having taken advantage of his position as guardian of a district that was never supervised by the seireitei to such an extent that he never even traveled short distances without a palanquin, anymore. Now, he had managed to run almost half a mile to a nearby hilltop; his bulbous form was drenched in sweat, and he was shocked to find that his sword had slipped from its sash during his mad rush away from that... that monster.

He really killed them all! He didn't even hesitate when the children started to run screaming... blood painted the walls, Takemura's ears exploded with the sound of gunfire and screaming, and the combination had sent him into a panic. He didn't give a damn about the trash the monster was cutting through... all he knew was that he had to escape while it was distracted. The few survivors had turned toward him, as if begging him to save them from the inevitable, but he turned his back on them, opening a secret compartment in the wall behind him and slipping into the corridor to the outside. He broke into a run and never looked back.

Everyone who had gathered in his home was dead... hell, given the inhuman look of glee in that hollow's (or was it a hollow?) eyes as it killed them, half the citizens of district seventy-two could very well be dead by now, but Takemura wasn't interested in that. He could tell his superiors that he tried to fight off the threat, but was overwhelmed waiting for reinforcements. His status as a noble, however minor, was enough to keep him out of trouble even if hundreds of the insects he was charged to watch were crushed. It might even give him an excuse to be transferred back into the thirteen court guard squads... and the proper life of luxury he deserved. Yes, the pandemonium was behind him now, all that remained was to make a convincing report.

"I gotta say, friend... that was pretty fucking gross." A familiar, sinister voice made Takemura's blood run cold. He turned around to see that same young man sitting on the branch of a tree, looking down at him maliciously. "Now, don't get me wrong, I ain't talking about leaving the people you strongarmed into paying you up the ass for protection to die while you ran off to try and save yourself. I thought that was funny as hell."

All hope of escape gone, Takamura collapsed to his knees. Judecca jumped down from the branch he was sitting on and stood over him triumphantly.

"No, no, what offended my very delicate sense of aesthetics was watching your fat ass try to run! MAN! you had folds of fat jiggling so fast I couldn't even tell if you were running or rolling. Have a little pride in your appearance, y'know?"

"P-please... don't kill me... I'm no threat to you..." Takemura said, his hopes having suddenly shifted from a big promotion to simply not dying. Judecca pushed his glasses back up the bridge of his nose.

"We're at begging already? Fuck, you like to rush things... well, may as well start praying too. You know the schpiel." Judecca folded his hands together, praying aloud in a mock falsetto. "Dear god protect me... Let me be reunited with my boyfriend in heaven, pleeeeeaaaase." He started to laugh, a cold sound, devoid of any human emotion. Takamura trembled, his muscles too sore for him to even make a second attempt at running away.

"'course, all that's a fuckin' waste of time... there is no God in this world benevolent enough to deserve prayer, and even if there were..." Judecca drew his twin pistols, letting them dissolve into energy, which extended into the form of a five foot scythe with a curved, pure-white blade, "the souls I reap never see Heaven. They never even see the cycle of rebirth. No... my friend you get to enjoy all the pleasures of Hell for the rest of eternity... and as a man who betrayed those who swore their loyalty to him, you get to be my punching bag forever!"

Takemura bucked up, reaching for his zanpaku-to in order to deliver one desperate attack. Upon realizing for the second time that he had dropped it in his retreat his face turned white. In a motion as swift as lightning, Judecca drew his scythe around his body in an arc, and Takamura's head went sailing.

This was the only shinigami in the immediate area... with it gone, it seemed there wouldn't be anyone especially fun left to butcher. With a bright flash Judecca's scythe reverted to his twin guns, which he returned to their holster. Takamura's blood had covered his face, bringing with it that sensation he had long been without, and so desperately craved.

"Warm..." Judecca said... his eyes growing wide in catharsis... "It's so very warm..."
Back to top Go down
Fatalicious
R&R Lover
Fatalicious

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:29 am

After several, minutes, Higgins decided to go on the move again, continuing his old path.
Back to top Go down
RSforsevers
The Shinigami Monster
RSforsevers

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:35 am

Slash jumps threw the air cutting down a hollow.

"Damn this is to easy and boring." says Slash.

"Well I feel a strong power up ahead let's see if maybe this will give you a challenge.." replies Light hanging onto Slash. "Ok works for me." he says to his little friend and flash steps away.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KillerDragon001?feature=mhsn
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:12 am

Slowly, hesitantly, fearfully, the souls of the village began to show themselves. Their faces were dirty and gaunt and etched with fear.

“I,” Barbarossa held a hand to his chest, “Am an Arrancar.” This did nothing to assuage the poor soul’s fears. “No doubt you have heard of our ilk. The Shinigami tell you to fear us, that we are savage beast only fit for extermination. But what they don’t tell you is that we only exist because of them.”

Barbarossa’s words obviously confused the dirty masses. Curious, they started to come out of hiding.

“All hollows are the product of Shinigami neglect.” He continued, “Shingami are the sole creatures left in exsistence that have the power to usher souls into the afterlife, and yet there are more hollows now than ever before. And do you know why?” he asked rhetorically. “Power.

“The Shinigami derive their power from the Hollows. Without hollows, there would be no need for them. So they limited their numbers; picking and choosing among you all who will be lifted out of poverty and who will be left to rot so that they can maintain that perfect balance. The balance that allows Hollows to run amuck and keep the people in fear and under their control.” The crowed moved closer to him. Barbarossa could hear them murmuring amongst themselves and see them nodding.

“I was a King once,” Barbarossa’s face darkened. “My people had the ability to purify souls, just as the Shinigami did. I challenged their supremacy, and they eradicated me and my people and left our souls to rot. It took millennia for me and my men to regain our dignity, and now we wish to give you back yours.

“The time of the supreme rule of the Shinigami is coming to an end, and with it, their control over fate. It is time that we wrest the right of self determination from their grasp and give it back to those who have been too long denied that basic pillar of humanity!”

The crowd cheered at his final statement. It was an angry, indignant roar that echoed through the area with righteous fury.

“I will not ask you to take up arms with us, but I will not turn away volunteers.” Barbarossa looked over the assembled. Most looked as if they would make even poor cannon fodder, but there were a number of them that looked as if they could be useful. “Those of you who do not wish to fight with us, send the word; my brethren move as I speak. Tell all that you can to give us their support. If not in strength of arms, then make our task easier by removing themselves from out path.” He motioned over to Dallas, who was tending to a wounded man. “Help use avoid more wounded innocents. As the Shinigami become more desperate, they are likely to try to save themselves at your expense.”

“Now come!” Barbarossa commanded. “Those of you wish to stand by us on the field of battle, gather your arms and form on me.” The crowd dispersed; some retreating to their homes for weapons, and others to contact friends and relatives. Barbarossa couldn’t restrain a triumphant smile as he felt a sensation that he had not felt in thousands of years.
Back to top Go down
Yoruichi Fon
Sushi Monster
Yoruichi Fon

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:12 am

Serenity saw the man that stood behind her latest hollow. She balked when she heard him call her a lady, but dare not show any emotion, lest she let it get the better of her. She shunpoed back about three feet, enough room to maneuver and took a defensive stance.

"I'd take that as a compliment if it were coming from anyone else. Seeing as it isn't, I will instead query as to who you are and what exactly you think you are doing here." Serenity felt a hollow coming, and without taking her eyes of the newcomer, she spun and decapitated the hollow, effectively shattering its mask. She retook her stance, eyes still locked with what seemed to be an arrancar. Serenity had yet to see one herself, but it looked an awful lot like the way they had been described.

She gave a side long glance to Anix, who still stood fixed to her shoulder. Anix knew exactly what Serenity was asking and gave a deft nod in response. Serenity gave a firm look to the man in front of her, and now knew not to, for even one fraction of a second, under-estimate him.

Last edited by Yoruichi Fon on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level
Catlove

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:29 am

"I don't know much about anything... in fact, I'm a pretty literal idiot." Ptolmea said, scratching his neck and grinning sheepishly. "However, I'm at home on the battlefield, and don't praise the combat abilities of others lightly. Take it however you want."

He brought his right foot back, raised his arms, and began to weave his upper body left and right... it was a boxing stance.

"I thought it was customary to introduce one's self before asking another their name, but I guess I am an uninvited guest, so I'll tell you. Ptolmea is my name, guardian of the first layer of cocytus in hell, and currently contracted to the arrancar Anastasia. As to what I'm doing here... well, I'm not too keen on the specifics... but I do know this is my mistress' way of declaring war on the shinigami."
Back to top Go down
Fatalicious
R&R Lover
Fatalicious

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:49 am

Higgins saw in the distance two people, and decided to investigate. As he approached he recognized Serenity, and it seemed like she was about to get in a fight, so he drew his sword and came over.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:46 pm

"Nothing official, ma'am," Phoenix answered, trying to remember what the protocol was for a Shinigami such as herself to address a vice captain. "It's just that there seems to be some commotion going on. I can sense hollows. I just wanted to know if you had any orders for us."
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
SoifonShihoin
Sweet Little Bumblebee
SoifonShihoin

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 11:02 pm

The twins stopped suddenly, just short of the Seireitei. "How are we supposed to get help?! I have no clue where any other Squad is other than Squad 4..." Alice exclaimed and sighed heavily for breath. Collin rested a hand on Alice's shoulder.

"Squad 4 is healing and healing is very important in a fight. You need people who take the hits, people who deal the major damage, and people who can heal you. 3 factors and they are extremely important in their own special way." Collin said calmly as if he was playing a game. Alice nodded and ran off in the direction of Squad for with Collin following close behind. Hopefully, a Captain or a Lieutenant would be there to help them.
Back to top Go down
siyentista
Master of the Maggot's Nest, PhD

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:38 pm

Jin spun and squinted into the haze, trying hard to figure out what it was that was casting the shadow that seemed to quickly slip in and out of sight from the denser depths. There it was, to her left, and then again somewhere in front of her. At some point, she felt, more than saw, the presence beside and behind her all at once.

What was it? Or what were they? There was definitely something sinister about everything that was going on, and what started as curiosity had turned into dread.

Jin's pulse quickened as she twirled around quickly, hoping to spot it once again. A couple of times, she thought she saw eyes staring at her, though always so briefly that she was never sure that she had seen them in the first place. And perhaps she didn't. After all, they looked like her own eyes, except in a crazed and blood-thirsty black and yellow. That simply couldn't be right. But while she turned this way and that, preoccupied with pondering the impossibility of that vision, the shadow got closer and closer.

Within seconds, Jin finally encountered her stalker, but in the worst way possible. She found herself lying on the ground face-up, her back aching and her face burning, stuck in a grin too wide to be hers. She had been grabbed from behind, twisted around and slammed to the floor, all within a blink of an eye.

Not seeing her attacker, Jin sat up with a jolt, but all of a sudden, the haze was gone and there was nothing there—nothing but the trees that surrounded her while she slept in the clearing in the Rukongai forest.

Had it all been a nightmare?

But her face still felt stiff, and in fact, she felt something on her face and within her that resonated with a few other presences that seemed to have popped up all over the Rukongai.

‘Concentrate, concentrate,’ she told herself as she struggled to identify what they were.

“Hollows!” she finally gasped, and the foreign and mocking voice that layered and blended with her own voice took her by surprise. “What…,” she whispered almost trembling as she slowly lifted her hands to her face only to touch a calcified covering. She grabbed it quickly, peeling it off and tossing it far from her fearfully and disgustedly. Even from the distance, she could see that it was the same mask that she had found on her body several times before she got rid of it. Well, really she buried it for later inspection, but at the time who knew it had the taint of hollows? Not her! Not really. And now she had to figure out what was going on with her and what she should do about it.

Just then, she sensed powerful reiatsu that left her as drunk with the sensation as she was disgusted by it. More importantly, there was something familiar about them. Oh, this was much worse than just hollows. The high level arrancars that attacked them in Karakura had just followed them into Soul Society, and they had brought their friends with them.

Jin was tempted to find the bastards that had threatened her legs and her ability to flash step, but she had learned her lesson from the farce of a battle from the living world. She knew that even with her newly trained shikai, she was no match for arrancar. None of the neo-shinigami were. She would have to find experienced shinigami to fight with, except she didn’t know which division she was supposed to report to. Moreover, Jin knew that she was in a precarious situation, with masks appearing on her own façade as arrancars roamed her home. Was she supposed to figure that out first, or ignore the matter, hoping the mask wouldn’t appear while she fought the very beings her inner presence resonated with?

Jin breathed deeply, trying to calm herself and think, and she found it surprisingly easy now that the mask was off her face. She tossed leaves and branches on the mask to hide it. She then set off towards the Seireitei in a series of flash steps, determined to understand her transformations, or find people to fight with, or both. Those two things wouldn’t happen for some time yet, but Jin found consolation in the fact that she only encountered some weak hollows on her way, never mind the fact that she was a little too excited and a little too happy to be ramming her hands and feet through the creatures or stabbing them with her kansashi, mowing them down one by one. No sense in wasting reiatsu at this point, after all.

Back to top Go down
Yoruichi Fon
Sushi Monster
Yoruichi Fon

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Serenity felt her insides start to burn.

'How dare they hurt innocent people!'

"If it's a war this arrancar is looking for, then a war she shall get!" Serenity felt like screaming. but instead she remained cool, so not to lose herself in mindless rage.

Knowing that he was not an arrancar left her little comfort, as a guardian of a layer of hell was sure to be worse. She was scared that no one would come to help her, that she would lose her cool, but worst of all, that she wouldn't be able to help.

She felt a voice on her neck.... Two voices. She immediatel knew that it was the voice of the twins that she had been visited by when she unlocked her shikai.

"You can do this Serenity. Look inside, and you will be fine."

Serenity had trained her eyes to Ptolmea's shoulder before, but now she looked him straight in the eyes. A fire burned brilliantly behind her eyes, determination being the fuel.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:51 pm

Barbarossa was awash in a feeling he could only describe as nostalgia. While the ruffians and vagabonds that were currently following him in his insurrection hardly constituted an army, leading theses men still reminded Barbarossa of his day’s or mortal kingship.

Since his landing, Barbarossa had cut deeply into Shinigami territory, easily slicing through thirty or so districts. Distrust of the Shinigami was high enough that n every town village that he stopped, he was guaranteed to gain five or so more men. And with him and the Mages watching over them, the new recruits were gross gains.

His advance was slowing, however. The closer Barbarossa got to the Seireitie, the more resistance he met. The districts closer to the Serietie had more interaction with the Shinigami and where consequently more trusting of them.

By his estimates, Barbarossa’s force was somewhere within the 40 districts. Not only were the Shinigami becoming stronger, as to protect the more well-off souls, but the civilians were also starting to take up arms with the Shinigami as well. It was unfortunate, but the middle class farmers and craftsmen with swords were no match for the savages and thugs that came out of the upper districts.

Barbarossa signaled for his men to stop on the edge of the town before him. The Hollows from the garganta had already beset the town and the Shingiami were currently trying to fend them off.

“Spread out,” Barbarossa commanded. “Remember; only Shinigami. Kill any Hollows that you can.” There was an emphatic cry of agreement form the group. “Walther, Gyne, Dallas!”

“Yes, m’lord?” The Three Mages replied in unison.

“Stay with me,” Barbarossa spoke and turned away, heading into the town with the mages following closely behind him.

The grunts and cries from the Shinigami soon turned to screams and Barbarossa watched his men engage them. For all their supposed power, the Shinigami were not trained in fighting other humans, which gave his men a distinct advantage over them.

“Where are they…?” Barbarossa mumbled to himself as he stood in the town square, looking around. He could feel them; he had been able to feel them for quite some time now. They were the reason Barbarossa had rerouted his men rather than taking a straight path to the Shingami’s stronghold. They were so close, and yet…

The wall of a nearby building exploded outward as a Shinigami crashed through it, propelled by the hollows currently attacking them.

“There you are,” Barbarossa smiled as he watched the Shinigami and Hollow tumbled on the ground and flurry of violence. The two eventually stopped, with the Hollow pinning the Shinigami to the ground. They were struggling to keep the biting and snapping maw away from their head.

Without a moment’s pause, Barbarossa walked up to the combatants and brought his gauntleted fist down upon the Hollow, crushing its mask with ease.

He turned his attention away from the dissolving beast to its prey and the target of his curiosity who, like the girl before them, had lost consciousness when engulfed in Barbarossa’s reiatsu aura.

It was a young woman, who was by any reasonable metric average. Her only distinguishing features were her dark skin and necklace. And yet, he could feel something within her. Something very important…

“Walther!” Barbarossa summoned. The old man bowed. “Aid the rest and mop up and Shinigami in the area. And mind your magic!” He reprimanded. “The infrastructure here will be much more expensive to repair and we need to court as much good favor with the population as we can. And I can’t do that with you razing their homes to the ground!” Walther hissed and left.

“Gyne,” Barbarossa turned his attention. “Seal her in a barrier. Make sure that is good and strong.”

“Yes, Sire.” Gyne bowed and turned to the woman. Stretching out his palm, he encased her in a crystalline barrier.

“Dallas!” The former monarch summoned the final Mage. “Tend to her wounds. All of them. And when she is healed, go out and tend to any wounded civilians there may be.”

“Yes, my lord.” Dallas knelt down by the woman an began bending he wounds through the barrier, using the healing magics that he had trained his entire life in.

“We make camp here tonight.” Barbarossa looked up at the setting sun. “Tomorrow will far more difficult, and we must prepare accordingly.” He crossed his arms and looked down on the unconscious woman. Now, he must wait until she regained consciousness. Luckily, Barbarossa was a patient man.
Back to top Go down
epeire
Nicht viele Leute wissen
epeire

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:47 am

After what felt like a brief eternity in the tunnel between the worlds, Hion finally allowed himself to take a breath of fresh air, though he savoured none of it.

Next to him, Xue shifted lightly, and instinctually his eyes were drawn to her. Her arms were oddly bare, muscles quivering beneath her luminous skin, as though she was about to leap from her perch on one of roof's cobblestones, and with a sigh Hion tspun away. Idly, he strung his hair between his fingers, letting it shift back in its natural sidedrawn pattern.

"Little king," She rasped after a long while, her voice corded with disuse. Her mouth was closed and small, and her eyes heavy-lidded in an expression of vague resignation, a look Hion had noticed on her features more and more often. It made him feel something that distantly mirrored worry.

"I know," He said finally, turning his face away, and let out a rush of air that he hadn't even been aware of trapping behind his teeth.

"He has already begun," She said, her eyes shifting down and to the right, where Barbarossa's reiatsu ebbed and pulsed. Hion gave a short jerk of his head, his nose wrinkling in disgust.

"I know," He echoed, finally gifting her with his customary blank stare. Briefly, he followed her gaze, wondering if any of the shinigami could feel the trap he was weaving, luring them into, but quickly dismissed the thought.

"Xue," Hion said after a long silence, the word sounding dark on his lips, "Let's go."
Back to top Go down
siyentista

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Like Jin's night's sleep before this, it seemed that withdrawing her consciousness from the world outside did not necessarily mean she was getting rest or that her consciousness was not busy elsewhere. At the moment, she was once again in her mindscape, the bony white trees packed more closely and reaching higher than before, the haze and mist suffocating the brilliant lightning and the larger, clearer rain droplets that were suspended in the air. The prevailing aura was malevolent and she could sense her own fear feeding it. Clearly, while removing the mask had helped her think clearer, there was an underlying problem that wouldn't go away with such a simple gesture -- There was a hollow sharing her face and her skin, and she feared its violent inclinations as much as she revelled in them.

Navigating the labyrinth that her mindscape had become, Jin realized that this was the beginning of a long struggle--one that would determine her future. The dread for what lay ahead weighed on her, and as it did, the haze seemed to thicken and branches grew wilder such that she had to mind them as she walked.

It was then that she felt that dark presence again, somewhere to the left and behind her. It had come along so strongly and so suddenly that it startled her. Her foot caught on a root and as she flailed and stumbled, her hair got tangled on a newly sprouted branch.

She was disoriented and falling when a hand reached out to her. "Get up," Habagat intoned as she helped the shinigami up, and Jin couldn't tell if Habagat was glowing, or if her sheer relief made it seem that way. "I am a part of your soul, and this is my struggle too, Jin. Remember that. Now get up. Stumbling won't win you this battle."

When Jin came to, she was under the distinct impression that her mindscape had cleared considerably, kept in control by a powerful ally. And so despite the powerful reiatsu she sensed being repressed around her or the barrier that currently cut her off from the rest of Soul Society, she raised her head to reveal calm eyes.

Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:37 pm

"Ah, good." Barbarossa stood up from a near by bench and walked over to the sealed woman once he saw her stir. "Was was beginning to worry that you would sleep though the night."

The fighting had ended almost as the sun had set, and now the occupied town was illuminated by campfires. Barbarossa had ordered strictly for his men not to imposes upon the citizens.
Back to top Go down
siyentista

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 5:58 pm

This was not an arrancar that Jin had encountered before, and it disturbed her to know for certain that there were more of them here now compared to what she assumed to be a test run or a reconnaissance mission at Karakura. Given that she was stuck in a barrier, though, there was nothing she could do about it but perhaps satisfy her curiosity and explore her situation.

"And why would that worry my gracious host...?" Jin asked as politely as she could, "I'm sorry, I don't think I caught your name."
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:02 pm

"Yes, you'll have to forgive me," Barbarossa apologized. "It has been quite some time since I have had a true guest. It seems that introductions are in order. I am Barbarossa, former King of Dipan and the currently leader of the forces that march towards the Serietie, and as you likely suspect, an Arrancar."

"And theses three are my trusted aides," He motioned to the Mages. "Walther, Gyne, and your current benefactor, Dallas."
Back to top Go down
siyentista

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:10 pm

"Jin. Shinigami, as you well know," Jin gave her own casual introduction as she thought of what was said.

So they really were marching on the Seireitei and not just here for a brief attack on the Rukongai... And it seemed that this King had even recruited some of the townsfolk from the upper districts.

"Dipan...," Jin said, picking on the unfamiliar term over discussing the more pressing matters at hand. "I don't believe I've heard of it. And as far as hollow kings go, I've only ever heard of Aizen's second Espada."
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:17 pm

"I am not surprised that you do not know of my former stewardship." Barbarossa's voice became slightly bitter. "You Shinigami made quite sure that my Kingdom was erased from the histories well before I became one of those wretched beasts."
Back to top Go down
siyentista

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 7:00 pm

The bitterness with which Barbarossa spoke was hard to miss, and Jin had to wonder what his kingdom was like and why it was allegedly erased from history by Shinigami. She knew of a few instances in which such exterminations had occurred, and they were always done to protect the delicate balance of nature, no matter how distastefully things had played out.

Ignoring the clear prejudice against her kind with which the king had spoken, Jin tried to find out more about his bitter history. "Then would you care to tell me about it, sir?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 7:05 pm

"There will be plenty of time to drudge up the past in the future." Barbarossa changed to subject. "It's far more important that we discuss the present. Specifically, your future, Jin." He pulled up the bench and sat down in front of her, so that he may better meet her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 4: Staggered Assault   Episode 4:  Staggered Assault - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode 4: Staggered Assault
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next