Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:14 pm

CaptainYoruichi wrote:
I also really hate the fact that Ichigo seemingly didn't learn anything from HM.

Ichigo: "It doesn't mean I trust you....But I have no one else..."
Ramen Dude: "...To count on. Is that it?"

So he still doesn't trust anyone to help? Why does he feel like he alone is the one who can solve all the problems in Bleach? Evil or Very Mad

Because everyone relied on him to beat both Ulquiorra and Aizen in the last arc? XD it's not like his friends or the captains have a great track record of helping themselves without him doing virtually everything.

I share everyone's distaste for the current arc, but as the only person here who doesn't give a rip about Isshin, I'm not in the least disappointed to know I don't have to sit through ANOTHER turn back the pendelum arc. (oh yeah, I'm also the only one here who hated that. XD)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:29 pm

At least I'm not the only "only" type. Now I don't feel quite so lonely. I think maybe the reason I can stand these chapters is because the Naruto fillers ground down my expectations for good anime. And the slew of decent B-rated and C-rated anime I watch now has dulled my sense for of good plot. (By B and C-rated I mean anime that is not mainstreamed... like Karin, or Kaze no Stigma, or Highschool of the Dead)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Catlove wrote:
Because everyone relied on him to beat both Ulquiorra and Aizen in the last arc? XD it's not like his friends or the captains have a great track record of helping themselves without him doing virtually everything.

True, but I chalk that up to shonen law where the main character has to be the one who virtually does everything. Meh
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
RSforsevers
The Shinigami Monster

PostSubject: Chapter 432   Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:35 am

http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/38961282/1

Guess What Ppl Chad Is Back! (He Looks A Little Differnt..)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/KillerDragon001?feature=mhsn
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:43 am

Wait, there's actually a chapter this week? LOL I didn't think there was.

Chad does look different.

I don't know what to think about this chapter yet.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:51 am

CaptainYoruichi wrote:
I don't know what to think about this chapter yet.

Really? Because I know exactly what to think. That was unbelievably stupid.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We think we know your secret. But it's safe with us.
Co-Administrator
Fanfiction.net - Ficlets - My fic commentaires - Tumblr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fatalicious
R&R Lover

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:08 am

That was a little ridiculous, and not in a good way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.20b.org
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:49 am

I don't even feel like I'm reading Bleach anymore.

And Chad looks like Syunsui's love child! It creeps me out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Chad looks really like a thug. It's kind of disconcerting.

The whole thing with the girl and not wanting to wear contacts because her eyes are big and they dry out...wtf, really? Who writes that in a manga? Well, besides Kubo obviously.
Back to top Go down
raezura
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:53 pm

I've realized that I'm not even reading Bleach anymore. I'm simply skimming the pages to see if anything interesting happens.

Also, the name of the power is Fullbring? Really?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:35 am

Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch. It could be worse. It could be SpongeBob, or One Piece, or done by 4kids, or done by DiC. Granted it's not as good as the early stuff, but honestly. What is? Hell, even Final Fantasy has gotten worse. Take XI and XII for example. I know a guy who hates XIII. But everyone agrees, I-VIII rocked. Just like everyone here agrees Bleach: The Substitute through, what? The Rescue?, rocked, but fell out afterwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:22 am

CaptainYoruichi wrote:
Chad looks really like a thug. It's kind of disconcerting.

The whole thing with the girl and not wanting to wear contacts because her eyes are big and they dry out...wtf, really? Who writes that in a manga? Well, besides Kubo obviously.

Chad is a thug, he always has been. We're just supposed to think of him as a kind-hearted thug. Same as Ichigo, kind-hearted thug with a hero complex.

And I'm going to be kind and give Kubo the benefit of the doubt about the contact lense thing; either he knows nothing about them, or the characters doesn't and later on her poor eyesight will come into play. Or it'll simply be a running gag.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:02 pm

Oh no it's true that your eyes can dry out with contacts. But that's really only if you stare unblinkingly at something for a while. Such as a computer screen, or a television (I wear contacts and my eyes start to bother me if I play video games too long).

I just thought it was a weird point to be brought up in a manga like Bleach, where normal things like that are usually ignored. It just feels like, next thing you know, Ichigo's gonna excuse himself to go to the bathroom. Obviously it's something they do but it's the kind of thing that isn't mentioned and is done offscreen, but now it's actually being mentioned.

I think you're right, though. It's probably just some kind of running gag.

@ Crimson - Final Fantasy X is my favorite. And the reason I bitch about Bleach is because I used to like it. It's a little different from something like Spongebob which I'm never going to watch because I didn't like it to begin with.

Additionally, liking something is subjective, as you are a good example. You still like Bleach. Most of us don't. There's no right or wrong in that. It's just a matter of taste. I'm afraid until there's some improvement, you're going to continue to see us bitching.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:44 am

I don't meant to alarm you but your eyes do that even without the aid of contacts. That's why we blink after all. And it's also why we advise not staring too long at a screen or to sit too close to it. I'd also advise that you wear your glasses for long gaming sessions, it's pointless to needlessly irritate your eyes.

My point about Kubo not knowing shit about contacts is that the size of your eyes has absolutely nothing to do with the speed at which the lense will dry out.

And, still giving Kubo the benefit of the doubt here, this is the exact sort of thing to include in his manga. It's let us know something about ...Rurika? ...Riruka? ...Whatever her name is - she's short sighted, refuses to wear glasses and apparantly can't wear contacts because she has big eyes. From this I already know that she's vain and obsessed with her image or she's projecting the image of vanity to cover up her own insecurities. Take your pick. I also know that she's fairly stupid.

The point being, it's not necessarily anything to do with the plot but in a small space Kubo has shed quite a bit of light on her character. And Kubo is at the end of the day a character writer.

Or perhaps I'm just delusional. I still don't like the way the mangas going though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Ah, I see what you mean. That's a good point.

I have to get my glasses fixed, though. They broke, and I haven't had time to take them back to get them replaced. Usually I wear them when I'm playing games.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Yeah, It's just aggravating to constantly read hate. Oh, well, I don't give a damn. Hate, love, indifferent, who gives a shit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:13 am

I wouldn't call it hate. It's more like disappointment, for me anyway. Maybe it's not worse, just different. But how do you tell the difference? Hm

But I understand, I used to get mad at people when they ragged on Bleach. "If you don't like it, why are you still reading it?" and I guess now I know the answer: we're hoping it will become something we like again.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:20 am

I guess you're right, but then again you are the Captain, so you're always right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Chapter 433 - The Six Fullbringers   Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:43 pm

The chapter is up.

Aside from the fact that Ichigo is apparently not a fan of truancy, isn't this chapter a massive contradiction to the established canon?

Wasn't it already established that Chad's powers were either a result of spending time around Rukia and the hogyoku (or it was just Ichigo's awesomeness rubbing off on them)? Now, he's one of theses Fullbringer jokers that has his powers becasue his mother was attacked by a hollow.

Or am I misremembering? Certainly wouldn't be the first time...

Also; Ichigo is apparently so unbelievably handsome he can make women cream themselves.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:15 pm

SoldierG65434-2 wrote:
Wasn't it already established that Chad's powers were either a result of spending time around Rukia and the hogyoku (or it was just Ichigo's awesomeness rubbing off on them)? Now, he's one of theses Fullbringer jokers that has his powers becasue his mother was attacked by a hollow.

I think that is just what everyone assumed. But there's enough ambiguity to retcon it without too much trouble. Remember way back when, Kisuke was watching Chad and he was troubled by how Chad's powers were closer to that of a hollow? One could argue that it was foreshadowing.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:30 pm

CaptainYoruichi wrote:

I think that is just what everyone assumed. But there's enough ambiguity to retcon it without too much trouble. Remember way back when, Kisuke was watching Chad and he was troubled by how Chad's powers were closer to that of a hollow? One could argue that it was foreshadowing.

Fair enough. And for the record, I don't remember Urahara saying that about Chad, but it's also been a very long time since I've read any of that so I very well may have forgotten, though.

I could have sworn that they got their powers from the hogyoku, though. Or at least Orihime did.

And if Kubo did foreshadow all this with Chad, then he is a fucking lunatic.

Co-Administrator

Last edited by SoldierG65434-2 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RSforsevers
The Shinigami Monster

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:57 pm

Well I think this chapter was ok.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/KillerDragon001?feature=mhsn
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:45 am

Aizen "claimed" they were from the hogyoku. He could've been wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:52 am

Or Aizen could have just been lying. Also wouldn't have been the first time.

The thing with Chad was foreshadowed, as Captain said Kisuke noticed that Chad's powers were more like a hollows, and in Hueco Mundo Chad noticed that he was stronger there and that his powers were more like a hollows. This is one of those moments where Kubo actually did do the groundword, he just did it so long ago that most forgot.

And you could argue that the hogyoku did awaken Chad's powers, it would just be that Chad's fullbringer powers were latent and needed a boost to actually work. It'll be interesting to see how Kubo ties Orihime's powers to this though.

Anyways - I actually quite enjoyed the chapter. I've now settled into the new arc and have resigned myself to not seeing my favourite characters for a long time, which means I might enjoy whatever shenanigans Kubo has in store.

SoldierG65434-2 wrote:

Also; Ichigo is apparently so unbelievably handsome he can make women cream themselves.

When I read that bit n the chapter my first thought was: "I bet Soldier has issues with this..." And I was right! To be fair, Ichigo is fairly pretty and what's-her-face isn't the first female character to fancy him. He's no where near as being as hot as Ishida though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Okay, I think it's official that I pay the least amount of attention to Bleach. But still, I would say that foreshadowing kind of stops being foreshadowing when there are years between incidents and it takes even longer for them to matter.

Kubo could have at least gently reminded us of that. Chad could have just been like "That's why I was so much stronger there" and Ichigo could have had a grainy one-panel flash back to Hueco Mundo (which I still probably wouldn't gotten since I didn't read that).

PolarisAmane wrote:
When I read that bit n the chapter my first thought was: "I bet Soldier has issues with this..." And I was right!

I wouldn't say I had "issues" with that page. Still being largely an outsider looking in when it comes to manga, I don't know if "female finds male so attractive she creams and her legs give out and she's blushing" is an established trope, therefore it just looked silly to me.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   

Back to top Go down

The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next