Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Seriously, what the fuck is Kubo's fetish with arms being cut off??

Evil or Very Mad

I don't approve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:11 am

I understand why in a combat-heavy series Kubo would choose for characters to loose their arm over other limbs. It's a grievous injury that still allows charters to fight. Loosing a leg or even a foot would incapacitate someone completely.

However, the fact that so many characters have survived the injury (combined with Hiyori surviving being cut in half) and the fact that loosing her arm seemed to have little to no effect on Sui-Feng to the point that she only used her Bankai after she lost her arm makes it a joke of an injury and Kubo's insistence on using it show either a fetish or a complete lack of awareness.

On another note, Kubo seems almost painfully aware of the fan consensus on Orihime. Just look at the way he drawn since she showed up after Ichigo's crazy moon-powered attack. The crazy faces and exaggerated emotions; it's seems to be the one thing that's gotten through to him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We think we know your secret. But it's safe with us.
Co-Administrator
Fanfiction.net - Ficlets - My fic commentaires - Tumblr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:50 am

It are amusing. And that new guy reminded me that Chad's been suspiciously absent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:34 am

Interesting chapter. Now that I've settled into the much slower pace I'm starting to enjoy this arc more. Even if it does still feel lilke filler.

Ishida hasn't lost his arm, take another look, it's still there. You can just see his hand by his hip, he's just twisted so that he's lying on his arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizzay
Wanker

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:17 am

i seriously doubt that chad would be running about killing his mates.

i too think kubo's a little more than exaggerating inoue. i didnt think itd be possible to turn an already ditzy character into a complete loon.

PolarisAmane wrote:
You can just see his hand by his hip, he's just twisted so that he's lying on his arm.

i could be wrong, but to me that just looks like the folds of his tunic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:15 pm

He's not wearing a tunic. And people still wear tunics? Seriously?

Having taken yet another look at the page, I can see his whole arm. you can all colour me surprised and bored if it turns out that I'm wrong and he has lost his arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Yeah, I can kind of see his hand.

It looks like Kubo wanted Ishida to loose his arm, but the guy at the table next to him looked over at yet another one-armed person and said "What the fuck is your problem?" and Kubo was like "Oh fine then" and drew the arm back, but only barely.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:29 pm

I see it! Well that's better.
Back to top Go down
Lizzay
Wanker

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:35 pm

tunic, uniform, whichever. i use the word tunic from time to time :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Chapter 430   Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:45 pm

Early spoilers are up at BA.

Here's a summary.

Quote :
井上、苺の部屋に上がれたことを一人喜ぶ
Inoue is delighted to be in Ichigo's room alone.
脳内はスーツ着た苺を想像、一人悶え喜んで、兄の遺影に謝る
She imagines Ichigo in a suit, in pleasure and agony alone, apologinsing to her brother's portrait.
その時、石田から電話。
At that moment there is a call from Ishida.

ゆず、かりん
気まずい中、ごはん。
Yuzu and Karin have their meal in akwardness.
かりん少し、ゆずに強く言い
ゆず部屋にこもる
Karin in a firm tone asks Yuzu to go back to her room.

その時、苺も外へ。~石田の病院
At that time, Ichigo heads out, presumably to Ishida's hospital.
石田パパ登場。
Ishida's dad appears.
パパからの説明はない。石田吠える
Ryuken does not say a word, he just wails.

井上は石田パパが井上に現状説明。
Inour gets briefed on Ishida's condition by Ryuken
石田を斬ったのは、ホロオでもなく死神でもない。
The thing which hurt Ishida is not a hollow nor a shinigami.
力を得た人間だ。
It was just a human with power.

苺一人帰る。
Ichigo returns home alone.
そして吠える。オレの知らないところで何。。。
And screams: What do I not know?...

んで、あのカードを出す。
書いてある番号に電話。
He then takes out the card. And calls the number on it.

Hurt by a human with powers, and Chad has been conspicuously absent. Hm

I wonder if the fact that Chad's powers are hollow based has caught up with him. Like maybe he's acting more like a hollow than a human, while still being human?
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Chapter 430 - Welcome to our Execution 2   Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:56 pm

The chapter is up.

I swear that Kubo isn't even writing his own manga anymore. This chapter reads like straight fanfiction in every way.

Also; Will someone please explain to me what happened with Yuzu, because if it's what I think it was (and frankly, what it read like) then I may just have to stop reading Bleach. I say that like it's a bad thing...

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
siyentista
Master of the Maggot's Nest, PhD

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:30 pm

... what do you think happened with yuzu?

and yes, kubo, why not introduce yet another type of reiatsu to make sure you have more loose ends than what you started the arc with?

All my fics are rated T just because.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:49 pm

siyentista wrote:
... what do you think happened with yuzu?
I don't know, that whole exchange between Yuzu and Karin read slightly...incestuous to me. It made me uncomfortable.

siyentista wrote:
and yes, kubo, why not introduce yet another type of reiatsu to make sure you have more loose ends than what you started the arc with?
That's what I was talking about. Just dropping a new character in wantonly that has special powers nobody has seen before...that's fanfiction OC shit.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:40 pm

I hate that I can't tell the difference between Yuzu and Orihime half the time.

I love the Ishidas. <3
Back to top Go down
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:51 pm

Ah, the chapter that caused a hundred fans to quit Bleach. XD I had to read it just to see what was so bad about it.

Orihime's garbage, but the arc looks decent. If Kubo hadn't ruthlessly slaughtered every character I gave a damn about in the manga, I might actually read it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:34 am

I don't care what anyone says I like it... although the conversation between Yuzu and Karin was a little... odd. I think the translation was just off. Of course Japan is also much more lax about stuff like that so who knows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Chapter 431   Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Is up. 431.

Yawn.

Is Kubo really trying to destroy Bleach? More new characters when people just want to see the old ones.

This chapter sucks.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:50 pm

The only good thing about this chapter is that Chad continues to be missing in action. Other than that, yeah, it was pretty boring.

Also; I hate you Orihime. I hate you and your stupid faces.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
raezura
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:46 pm

Suck is an understatement. A new word needs to be invented to describe this chapter.

This filler arc is beginning to remind me of a bad thriller movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:22 am

Hmmmm. Someone called it. Kubo's gonna restore Ichigo's powers. Here's hoping the process goes interesting.

By the way I like the chapter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:53 am

raezura wrote:
This filler arc is beginning to remind me of a bad thriller movie.

I know. I was half-expecting Ginjou to be like "Ride the subway six times. On the fifth circuit someone will slip a note into your back pocket. On the 6th circuit get out on the fourth stop and follow the direction on the note. When you reach the destination, tie the note to the pigeon that will be in a cage and let the bird go. Then, I will cal you with further instructions."

I seriously don't know what Kubo is doing. But it's not the good kind of "don't know what he's doing" that keeps me on my toes and wanting more. It's the kind that makes me want to grab him and scream in his face "What the fuck are you doing?!" while shaking him violently.

Co-Administrator
Back to top Go down
View user profile
siyentista

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:27 am

yeah... uh... that ginjou character is getting on my nerves. the only thing i was looking forward to was learning more about isshin, and now we learn that all that was just a ruse to get ichigo's attention. :/ not only that but this guy is going to be instrumental to the (expected but i wished it wouldn't happen) restoration of ichigo's powers. boo.

All my fics are rated T just because.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RSforsevers
The Shinigami Monster

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:28 am

with the thing of Ichigo's dad eing a ruse I now wonder what they said about Urahara is too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/KillerDragon001?feature=mhsn
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:48 am

siyentista wrote:
yeah... uh... that ginjou character is getting on my nerves. the only thing i was looking forward to was learning more about isshin, and now we learn that all that was just a ruse to get ichigo's attention. :/ not only that but this guy is going to be instrumental to the (expected but i wished it wouldn't happen) restoration of ichigo's powers. boo.

This!! God fucking damn Kubo! Don't wave interesting plot points in our faces and then drop them for stupid, boring reasons!

Apart from that... Um.... Orihime was there. She's getting quite a lot of panal time this arc, and I can't decide if that's a good thing or not. But yeah, chapter ranged between meh and infuriating.

I think I'm going to take a break from Bleach. It tends to read better when it's read in a chunk anyways, and I figure that if I take a couple of months off and catch up in one sitting then it'll probably not be so bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:15 am

I also really hate the fact that Ichigo seemingly didn't learn anything from HM.

Ichigo: "It doesn't mean I trust you....But I have no one else..."
Ramen Dude: "...To count on. Is that it?"

So he still doesn't trust anyone to help? Why does he feel like he alone is the one who can solve all the problems in Bleach? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc   

Back to top Go down

The Lost Agent (aka Fullbringer) Arc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next