Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves

Go down 
+10
raezura
epeire
Catlove
Fatalicious
GS Dragono
Crimson Warrior
Lizzay
Dr-Tom
CaptainYoruichi
SoldierG65434-2
14 posters
AuthorMessage
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves Empty
PostSubject: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:43 pm

What are some games or series that you hate, but the rest of the world just is absolutely crazy for?

For me, the most notable offender is The Legend of Zelda series. I've never been crazy about them, and I even played Ocarina of Time when it was new.

Another one from recent memory is Bayonetta. That game received nearly universal praise, but it left me thoroughly underwhelmed. I found Bayonetta physically almost repulsive and the game play was just a flashy clusterfuck.

Last edited by SoldierG65434-2 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:04 am

I can't stand the Grand Theft Auto series.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Dr-Tom
Hollow
Dr-Tom

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:51 am

Halo. I loved the first game and made sure to be at the midnight release for the second just to be completely underwhelmed by everything in it except for the graphics when I finally sat down and played. Got the third one when it came out and it didn't fair much better than the second in my mind so I've given up on the series. I don't see why everyone still goes apeshit over it.

All 3D Mortal Kombats. MK4 all the way through MKvDC are all trash and I don't understand how it still sells enough to warrant more sequels. I did buy and play Mortal Kombat: Deception on the Xbox but the only reason I bought it was because it came out 2 weeks before Dead or Alive: Ultimate(not the greatest fighting game but a hell of a lot better than any recent MK), making it the first 3D fighting game to go online. Within the first couple hours I found out that all I needed to do to win most my matches with Scorpion was pull out my sword and keep hitting foward and Y....360 matches later I've won about 280 of them by spamming the same move over and over again. I hate the MK series.
Back to top Go down
Lizzay
Wanker

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:34 am

i hate pokemon. but everyone else loves it.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:11 am

Halo, hands down. Everyone is like "OMG!!! This game is a gift from GOD!!"

I say "Screw Halo" and go play Tales of the Abyss (or any other Tales game for that matter)

Dr-Tom wrote:
All 3D Mortal Kombats. MK4 all the way through MKvDC are all trash and I don't understand how it still sells enough to warrant more sequels. I did buy and play Mortal Kombat: Deception on the Xbox but the only reason I bought it was because it came out 2 weeks before Dead or Alive: Ultimate(not the greatest fighting game but a hell of a lot better than any recent MK), making it the first 3D fighting game to go online. Within the first couple hours I found out that all I needed to do to win most my matches with Scorpion was pull out my sword and keep hitting foward and Y....360 matches later I've won about 280 of them by spamming the same move over and over again. I hate the MK series.

Try upping the difficulty on Armageddon. Blaze WILL crush you... hard. If you ever get to him.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:58 am

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion and Fallout 3 are also two games that I can't stand. Everyone always raves about the freedom and whatnot, but I find the games an unfocused, jumbled mess that's damn near unplayable.

CaptainYoruichi wrote:
I can't stand the Grand Theft Auto series.
I'm not too fond of the open-world, sandbox genre period. The only exception to this is the Mercenaries series (the first moreso than the second). I just like thier style (the first way moreso than the second) and the game is structured enough to keep me playing, but affords enough freedom to make me feel like I'm in control and not completely on rails.

I'm finding that style make up for a lot with me in games.

Lizzay wrote:
i hate pokemon. but everyone else loves it.
Yeah, same here.
Back to top Go down
GS Dragono
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:56 am

Warcraft (includes WoW).

Bolded for extra seething.

As much as I may earn a stoning for it, a majority of Final Fantasy. Most of the games I've played have been lackluster, predictable, same-old same-old, and/or too easy.

Also, I've learned to never by new games from the launch. Rouge Galaxy—worst $50 ever. Bad cameras, the plot was one of the worst I've ever encountered, and the gameplay was so-so. 'Tis a shame; it had so much potential, as far as the world went.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:51 am

I don't hate Final Fantasy, but I definitely don't worship it like others do.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Fatalicious
R&R Lover
Fatalicious

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:29 am

Final Fantasy Tactics is my favorite game ever, but I dislike the rest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.20b.org
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level
Catlove

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:38 am

Legend of Zelda hits home for me, as well. Yahtzee said it best in one of his reviews. It's the same game over and over again, with one or two new weapons and maybe a gimmick here and there, and the fans just keep buying it.

Actually, you know what, make that nintendo in general. They repeat the same formula they've been using since the 80s and their fanboys keep flocking to them like sheep. >.<

Double-hate goes to Super Smash Brothers. That game is an abomination as a fighting game, and fanservices characters I don't care about (solid snake not withstanding) so naturally there's nothing for me to feel for the games but hatred.

Halo I don't like, but I can't really judge severely enough to say I HATE it, because I don't play FPS games, aside from Bioshock, and thus have no experience with the medium to say. From a layman's eye I can't see what makes Halo so much better than others, though.

Back to top Go down
epeire
Nicht viele Leute wissen
epeire

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:20 am

Most first person-shooters.

And World of Warcraft and anything associated with it, including DoTA.
Back to top Go down
raezura
Hollow
raezura

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:35 am

I despise both the Call of Duty series and Halo games. I simply don't get what all the fuss is about.

There are better FPS games out there.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:59 am

As far as console FPSs are concerned, the original Halo was the messiah. It was nothing specially an in fact pretty average on the PC. Quake Arena had already done online PvP and the Battlefield 1942 already had vehicle combat. But it was an amazing console FPS. However, ever other console FPS has stolen everything about Halo's game play that when you look at in now, it's impossible to see anything special about it.

If you grew up on the more complex PC FPSs like say...System Shock 2, then it's neigh impossible to see Halo as anything worth the time. But if you were raised on the likes of Golden Eye on the N64, then Halo would have definitely been something new and different.

The squeals, however mindlessly fun they are to play, are most certainly derivative, amounting to little more than graphical enchantments and map packs.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 2:15 pm

All FPS except Metroid Prime and 007: Goldeneye. That's because I can't stand how one stick makes you look around and the other one causes you to move forward/backward/strafe. I hate strafing. Plus I love Samus so I'm a little forgiving on MP3: Corruption.
Back to top Go down
GS Dragono
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:38 pm

I don't know how I forgot to mention it before: Kingdom Hearts. Now THAT'S a series that makes things up as it goes.
Back to top Go down
Azley
... and Justice for All
Azley

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Final fantasy XIII As a lover of the series for me it's the worst ever - only XII & X-2 top it in terms of being total crap. Dunno why FF XIII is hyped so much, the battle system is just lame, story is nothing big, music is meh, so is the rest.

Dino Crisis - one of the worst PSX games I've ever played, same goes for DC 2

Street Fighter series - why is it rated that high? The fights are slow as fuck and the control / attacks are uncoordinated. Tekken / Soul Calibur / Bloody Roar were much better games which came out around the same time...

Sims series - no, just no...

Resident Evil - aside from a few games of the series the majority is lame crap and gets even worse with each new game + it's totally overhyped

Assassins Creed - the first was boring as hell. Getting 100% was a pain for me - I had to keep myself awake cause the missions were always the same, also the side missions. AC 2 is awesome though

Counter Strike I could never stand it - I preferred Doom, Quake and such.

There are way more - gonna continue my rant ~

Back to top Go down
http://azley.deviantart.com
Yoruichi Fon
Sushi Monster
Yoruichi Fon

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 6:54 am

I like Kingdom Hearts to a point, but the one game I just can't stand to play is Dragon Ball Z for PS2. They were all the same, and thoroughly boring.
Back to top Go down
Erza
Hollow
Erza

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:55 pm

To be honest... I never liked Halo past the first one (sorry to Halo fans). Something about the story is lacking for me and I can't quite grasp what it is. Maybe it is the fact that I just don't care whats going on and I don't like many (if any) of the characters. I tried really hard to like it though, I swear! :(
Back to top Go down
Hornet
Hollow
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:41 am

The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario, Kingdom Hearts, Street Fighter, Need For Speed, Final Fantasy, these are some stupid series that I will never understand why everybody loves...
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:24 pm

I'm going to go ahead and drop a Dead Space here. It's really nothing special. You are a super powerful faceless robot-man with savage weapons that dismember enemies. And for some reason, we are supposed to sympathize with this faceless man who never speaks as he goes on his quest to find his wife.

It's a failure as a horror game as well, as the monsters personal orchestras announce their presence and the "Is it dead?NOPE!" gag is repeated ad-nauseum. The environments are just gray metal hallways with nothing to distinguish them, making navigation a chore as well as giving the Ishamura absolutely no personality or sense that it was ever habiated.

But the real reason it draws my ire is this:

In System Shock 2, you wake up in the Medical bay, while you are commanded by a crew member to go to specific destinations all while finding audio logs that describe what happened before and after the catastrophe. After you finish on the Medical bay, you go to Engineering...

In Dead Space, you dock on on (or near, it's been a while) the Medical deck, while a crew member stays behind and orders you around to go to specific destinations all while finding audio logs that describe what happened before and after the catastrophe. After you finish on the Medical bay, you go to Engineering...
Back to top Go down
Hornet
Hollow
Hornet

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:45 am

Yeah, Dead Space is a disappointment, very overrated. Gears of War is another game that is very much overrated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves   Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves Empty

Back to top Go down

Games/Series that you hate but everyone else loves
Page 1 of 1