Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care Empty
PostSubject: Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care   Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Thank god the fight with Baraggan is finally over and done with.

You know, I'm kind of glad to see Starrk's fights get extended so much. For the Premira Espada, he did fuck all in the manga. In the anime, it almost looks like he deserves that title. Almost.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care   Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Seriously. With Barragan's power, how is Starrk stronger?
Back to top Go down
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level
Catlove

PostSubject: Re: Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care   Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:19 am

Crimson Warrior wrote:
Seriously. With Barragan's power, how is Starrk stronger?

My theory on that:

Barragan's power doesn't destroy, it rots. it causes the effects of time on an object to multiply a thousand fold until only dust remains. Starrk's primary attack divides his soul into pieces, and then uses these pieces as exploding soldiers. Souls can be destroyed (for instance, by quincy arrows) but they don't age or decay, instead, they simply reincarnate endlessly. Because of this, Respira would have no effect on Starrk's wolves, which means that Barragan would have no means to keep them at bay.

but admittedly, I love Starrk and am indifferent about Barragan. Having him be the primera would have been such a cliche, especially since he was the most likely candidate after Ulquiorra was revealed to be the fourth.

As to the episode.... I liked it, it definitely portrayed Starrk in a sympathetic light, and showed that Love and Rose were completely outmatched. Yeah, they still had bankais, but unless they could destroy souls, they would still be killed. Starrk was utterly superior to two captain class visoreds.

The only thing I didn't like about the episode was that they made Love's club WAY too effective against Starrk. In the manga, he manages to hit Starrk ONCE, and even then he admits it's because he's moving more slowly due to being shaken up by Barragan's death. His big fire attack missed Starrk entirely, and there was never a time when it looked like Love or Rose stood a chance.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care   Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:49 am

Well, according to Masked, the Espada are ranked according to their reiatsu, so Starrk had a higher reiatsu than Baraggan.

But Catlove; aren't the Shinigami themselves nothing more than souls? They only have a true physical presence when they are in gigais. If time doesn't affect souls, then Shinigami would never age and Baraggan would have no effect on them.

Unless I missed something along the way that validates that theory, which is entirely possible and indeed likely.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care   Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 2:08 pm

Catlove wrote:

The only thing I didn't like about the episode was that they made Love's club WAY too effective against Starrk. In the manga, he manages to hit Starrk ONCE, and even then he admits it's because he's moving more slowly due to being shaken up by Barragan's death. His big fire attack missed Starrk entirely, and there was never a time when it looked like Love or Rose stood a chance.

That was because Stark was lazy and didn't care. I thought it made him more impressive because instead of dodging he proved he was powerful enough to take the hits without any damage whatsoever
Back to top Go down
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level
Catlove

PostSubject: Re: Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care   Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 7:06 pm

SoldierG65434-2 wrote:
Well, according to Masked, the Espada are ranked according to their reiatsu, so Starrk had a higher reiatsu than Baraggan.

But Catlove; aren't the Shinigami themselves nothing more than souls? They only have a true physical presence when they are in gigais. If time doesn't affect souls, then Shinigami would never age and Baraggan would have no effect on them.

Unless I missed something along the way that validates that theory, which is entirely possible and indeed likely.

Nah, once a soul has konso performed on it, it's reincarnated as a ryoka. When they die as ryoka, they're reincarnated as humans again. Shinigami are ryoka with spiritual powers, when a shinigami dies, their reiatsu is absorbed into the environment, and their soul reincarnates.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care   Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Catlove wrote:
Nah, once a soul has konso performed on it, it's reincarnated as a ryoka. When they die as ryoka, they're reincarnated as humans again. Shinigami are ryoka with spiritual powers, when a shinigami dies, their reiatsu is absorbed into the environment, and their soul reincarnates.

I see...In that I understand I was wrong. I don't really understand anything that you said.
Back to top Go down
Crimson Warrior
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care   Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Um. Isn't Ryoka the term used to describe illegal intruders?
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care   Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Crimson Warrior wrote:
Um. Isn't Ryoka the term used to describe illegal intruders?

If I remember correctly (which I may not), I think Ryoka is a general term for anyone not part of the Gotie 13, but it is mostly used in a derogatory way.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care   Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:01 am

CrimsonWarrior is right, a ryoka is a criminal.

The souls in the rukongai are just that... souls.

And souls are more than capable of being destroyed and I'd count the aging/rotting process as a means of destroying something, sooooo I doubt that Baraggan's power just starts up the reincarnation process for a soul, it would destroy it. So I'd say that Starrk and his wolves (I thought they were ceros not fragments of his soul, I guess I missed that) would easily be effected by Baraggan's power.

Sui-Feng is after all a soul herself... and if she can age and rot than so can other souls.
Back to top Go down
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level
Catlove

PostSubject: Re: Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care   Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:06 am

But the thing is that Shinigami AREN'T just souls. Left alone, they eventually age and die of their own accord, although it's a process that takes centuries. If it's true for the shinigami, it's true for the dwellers of the Rukongai, whatever their names, which means they're more than basic souls the instant they reincarnate in soul society.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care   Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care Empty

Back to top Go down

Episode 282 - Things happen, but I don't care
Page 1 of 1