Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Last Airbender (spoilers)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

The Last Airbender (spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: The Last Airbender (spoilers)   The Last Airbender (spoilers) EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:47 pm

So this movie has received pretty bad reviews. I actually got a chance to see it. I really hesitate to say it's good. It's watchable, but to be honest I wouldn't pay to see it. Especially if you're a fan of the anime. The changes they made to the Airbender universe are just like Facepalm

A few notable errors:

Name pronounciation - Sokka, Aang, and Iro are not pronounced the way they are in the movie. >_<

Fire bending - in the movie they made it so that fire benders had to have fire around to bend. Well, if that was the case, they'd never have risen to power, since the other three elements can easily trump fire. Air can blow it out, water can put it out, and earth can deny it the oxygen it needs to keep burning. Meh

The earthbenders - they were on a boat in the anime. In the movie, they put them in a place surrounded by earth. And yet, they wouldn't earth bend. scratch

Sokka - he is not captain serious, which is what the movie makes it seem like.

I did like most of the special effects, though. And if you have never seen the anime, it's probably a decent movie, although some things won't make sense.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
Crimson Warrior
Grandmaster of the TenKuei Klan
Crimson Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender (spoilers)   The Last Airbender (spoilers) EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:50 pm

I saw it and really liked it. I forgave M. Night for the deviations because it's a movie that happens to have the same name as a cartoon (It's inspired by anime, but was not made in Japan) I love. I did the same thing on Super Mario Bros., and Dragonball: Evolution.
Back to top Go down
Azley
... and Justice for All
Azley

PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender (spoilers)   The Last Airbender (spoilers) EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 6:15 am

The trailer was enough to keep me off tbh.
I haven't watched the series but it still looks kinda meh - good effects and such but pretty bad acting (at least from what I've seen in the trailer)
Back to top Go down
http://azley.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Airbender (spoilers)   The Last Airbender (spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Airbender (spoilers)
Page 1 of 1