Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The classic question: sub or dub?

Go down 
+9
Contadora
Anil
RSforsevers
Azley
raezura
SoldierG65434-2
PolarisAmane
siyentista
CaptainYoruichi
13 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

The classic question: sub or dub? Empty
PostSubject: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 6:53 pm

When you watch Bleach, do you prefer to watch with subtitles, or do you like the dub version?

Personally I prefer the subtitles, but I don't mind watching the dub every once a while. Some of the voice actors are really good. Byakuya, Kenpachi, Rukia, and Yoruichi in particular I think sound pretty good in both the English and Japanese versions.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
siyentista
Master of the Maggot's Nest, PhD

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:00 pm

subs! even if some of the english voice actors are good (and many of them aren't), the japanese voice actors are just so much better. i like the fact that you lose less in the translation if you go with subs since they don't have to make sure that the words fit with the time allotted. also, i like learning languages and hearing the words while reading the meaning helps a lot.
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:15 pm

I like both and I watch both. Annoyingly I have to wait for the dub to come out on dvd before I see it, sinc eit isn't shown on TV here in the UK.

As dubs go, I think it's one of the better ones out there, certainly for such a long running series. It honestly could have been a lot worse, thinking of the Naruto dub round about now.

Unfortunately a lot is lost in translation, but I suppose that's to be expected.
Back to top Go down
siyentista

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:32 pm

PolarisAmane wrote:
I like both and I watch both. Annoyingly I have to wait for the dub to come out on dvd before I see it, sinc eit isn't shown on TV here in the UK.

As dubs go, I think it's one of the better ones out there, certainly for such a long running series. It honestly could have been a lot worse, thinking of the Naruto dub round about now.

Unfortunately a lot is lost in translation, but I suppose that's to be expected.

Believe it! haha
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:33 pm

I watched the dub in the begining up to midway though the bount arc, then I stopped watching because Yoruichi and Soifon wern't around. When I picked up again, the dub was so far behind that the only was to watch the new episodes was to watch the subs.

As to which I prefer, I would have to go with the subs becasue they arn't arcs behind like the dub is. Plus, watching the dub ruined Devil May Cry 4 for me. Not that there was much to ruin. The fact that the main character is voiced by Ichigo's english VA was just the icing on the cake. I could no longer take the game seriously. Which is odd because anime voice actors have poped up in games I've played beofre and it didn't ruin it for me.
Back to top Go down
raezura
Hollow
raezura

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:35 pm

I used to watch the dub while completely ignoring the sub. Then the station that carried Bleach lost their contract and stopped showing it. So I turned to the sub and found that I liked the voice acting a lot better.

I've also been learning Japanese for a while and this has really helped.
Back to top Go down
Azley
... and Justice for All
Azley

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Subs - god how I hate the german dub...

I always watch animes with japanese Dub & english sub simply cause I hate german sub & Dub.

The only exceptions so far are Hellsing, One Piece and Wolfs Rain - kinda like the german dub for those ~
Back to top Go down
http://azley.deviantart.com
RSforsevers
The Shinigami Monster
RSforsevers

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:13 am

I like both :lol!:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KillerDragon001?feature=mhsn
Anil
Half-Awake Level
Anil

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptySat May 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Since English is not my first language, subs are actually more comfortable to me than dub.
Anyway, once I watched the dubbed scene of Soifon getting behind Yoruichi and releasing her sword, and she sounded like an evil old witch. Dub must be fun at times...

I also find Soifon's japanese voice very good. Sometimes, she sounds like she has a high voice and is trying to make it sound lower, and, to me, it would be so like her.
Back to top Go down
Contadora
Guarda Real level
Contadora

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:14 pm

I prefer heard the japanese voice of Soifon. I love her voice. Fangirl
Back to top Go down
epeire
Nicht viele Leute wissen
epeire

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:29 pm

Kawakami is god. I want her to seiyuu for me one day.

I can't stand english dub, at all. In fact I refuse to watch anything dubbed.
Back to top Go down
spica
Batang Pasaway
spica

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:17 am

Subtitles all the way! I've started watching anime on subtitles, and it just doesn't feel right to watch any other anime without them.
Back to top Go down
Zura
Edo no Akatsuki
Zura

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:37 am

Subs. Because dub sounds silly.
Back to top Go down
SoifonShihoin
Sweet Little Bumblebee
SoifonShihoin

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 1:35 am

both. Dubs because i like hearing the English voice actors and Subs because i can learn more Japanese that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The classic question: sub or dub?   The classic question: sub or dub? Empty

Back to top Go down

The classic question: sub or dub?
Page 1 of 1