Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Was there actually a reconciliation?

Go down 
+2
CaptainYoruichi
SoldierG65434-2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

Was there actually a reconciliation? Empty
PostSubject: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 10:48 am

The general consensuses among YoruSoi shippers, and the Bleach community in general, is that Yoruichi and Soifon reconciled after their fight. It's so pervasive that it's made it into almost all of the fan wiki's:

"The pair reconciled their differences, placing Soifon back where she belonged; at the side of her ex-commander."
"After their fight, they reconcile and re-establish their relationship."

But was their actually a reconciliation? There has been nothing in the manga itself to suggest that they resolved their problems. There may not have even been time to. With the wonky chronology of the manga chapters, it difficult to tell if events are happening sequentially or simultaneously. They're might not have been time between Soifon's question and Isane's announcement for Yorucihi to answer. Hell, in the anime, Yoruichi is still covered in homonka when the announcement is made. It's not until after Aizen is exposed as a traitor that Soifon dissolves them.

The only evidence that they have reconciled are omakes, and that opens up the debate of whether the community counts them as canon or not.

Personally, I'm starting to have my doubts as to whether or not there was a reconciliation. They're hasn't been anything in the manga to suggest that their has been. I guess well have to wait (read: hope) until they interact again to get an answer.

As if I needed another reason for Fishscale to be my favorite one-shot that I've written.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Nothing has been shown in the manga, although according to the Official Bleach Bootleg, which is written by Kubo and can be considered canon, they still have a strong bond.

Quote :
Soifon and Yoruichi's clandestine meeting was a long time ago, more than a hundred years back. When Soifon first laid eyes on Yoruichi's noble splendor, she felt almost worshipful, and vowed to be by her side from then on. Although after that some discord entered the picture, those feelings have not changed, and their bond is still strong.

The discord mentioned is probably the hundred years separation and the fight, but if their bond is still strong I would take that as yes, they did reconcile. ^_^

A few other points:

The last canon interaction of Yoruichi and Soifon had them working TOGETHER to hold down Aizen on top of the Soukyoku Hill in End of Hypnosis.

In the above mentioned scene, Yoruichi no longer had any homonka marks on her, which means Soifon recalled them (she's the only one who has the power to do so).
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:43 pm

Well, there goes the intrigue.

But honestly, that's poor fucking story telling. If your going to bother bring up characters past with one another in relation to current events, they you should bother to show the resolution.

In the words of Yahtzee: "You're supposed to weave exposition into the narrative, not hand the audience a fucking glossary as they walk into the theater."
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 12:55 pm

Yeah, I'd like to see how it went down, too. But in the meantime, there's always fanfiction to explain their big heart to heart talk where they reconciled. XD
Back to top Go down
Shadow Countess
Hollow
Shadow Countess

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:28 pm

Fanfictions keep us happy, no? Sometimes I have problem separating canon from fanfics.

I think Yoruichi offered a little explanations. One or two sentences about how she'll explain later, she's sorry, and she still wants Soifon by her side. That will keep her blissfully happy ^-^ They have a long time later to sort things out slowly, to talk, and to heal ;P
Back to top Go down
Kikyouwuv
Chibi Lover
Kikyouwuv

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:38 am

I personaly dont think they did. At least not out in the open. Yoruichi probably just looked at Soi with those sad little kitty eyes and then time was up. Thats what i belive. :<
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 1:04 pm

I'd like to think it was offscreen. That when everyone got together to plan putting together FKT and sending captains to Hueco Mundo and their general warplan for attacking Aizen - Yoruichi and Soifon took a moment aside together and had a heart to heart. ^_^ Maybe something like, "I don't know what's going to happen, but just in case something happens, I love you." XD
Back to top Go down
bellatrix28
Hollow
bellatrix28

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:37 am

It was definitely a crap "conclusion." Though I did assume that they had at least reconciled a bit seems how they showed up at to stop Aizen together, and working together. The anime is really considered canon, correct? Cause if it is then I'd definitely say that they reconciled pretty well considering the Bount Arc. I haven't read the manga except for some of the most current chapters and find the drawings to be rather confusing at times scratch , so I only know what I hear from people when it comes to the manga.

that's my two cents...

oh, and someone else's opinion... can't remember who it was or who they were writing for, but I read a review that said that Yoruichi and Soifon's relationship was the most interesting out of the bunch and they were really disappointed that it wasn't expanded more. Of course, I agree.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:37 pm

The anime is most certainly not canon. And thank god it isn't I'm about two steps form swearing off everything that was ever in the anime. I know that's cutting off a lot of YoruSoi moments, but that's a small price to pay if it means ignore the existence of the recent episodes.

And I think I remember reading the review you are talking about. I want to say it was IGN, but I can't be bothered to look it up right now.
Back to top Go down
bellatrix28
Hollow
bellatrix28

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:34 pm

oops, typo. I meant *isn't* canon.

does Kubo have any role in the making of the anime?
what is it about the recent episodes that has you so frustrated/angry (correct emotion?)? I've actually watched the 4 or 5 most recent episodes. (I've watched 1-145, 206-212, 228, 272-current or so, and then part of the zanpakuto rebellion arc - where ever that is)
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:59 pm

Please refer to the animation section for my thoughts on the recent episodes.

As for Kubo's involvement; He wasn't really that involved with the anime in the beginning, and I don't know how involved he is now. The only anime arc I know he was involved in was the Zanpakuto arc, and that was to avoid continuity errors.
Back to top Go down
bellatrix28
Hollow
bellatrix28

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:06 pm

thanks for the info

yeah, I'll check out the animation area. I'm still figuring out this forum, so it may take me a while to figure out where everything is and read the posts.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 7:11 pm

I know Kubo has been more hands-on with with the anime since the Bount arc, where the animation team took the...liberty...of making Suzumebachi poison based. I can't imagine he was too happy about that, since he seems to have made it a point to correct that in the chapter where Soifon stabs "Aizen."

And take your time getting acquainted. Wouldn't want posts ending up in the wrong area.
Back to top Go down
Soi-Sauce
Hollow
Soi-Sauce

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:29 am

I think its better, but far from where it used to be. There's a lot more comedic undertones in the anime, not the manga. It would be nice to actually have some concrete evidence that it's better, or at least being worked on, but I think Tite has bigger things to worry about in the manga.

I'm expecting something, when we find out what happened to her and the other captains that were 'killed' by Aizen. They haven't been seen since he owned them all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was there actually a reconciliation?   Was there actually a reconciliation? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was there actually a reconciliation?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team YoruSoi :: YoruSoi :: YoruSoi General Discussion-
Jump to: