Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alan Wake

Go down 
+2
RSforsevers
CaptainYoruichi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

Alan Wake Empty
PostSubject: Alan Wake   Alan Wake EmptyFri May 21, 2010 2:59 pm

So, some information on this game:

Quote :
In this long-awaited exclusive Xbox 360 title, fill the shoes of one Alan Wake, a man who makes his living from the terror of others as a best-selling suspense novelist. Trapped in the deceptively peaceful Washington town of Bright Falls, where he came to escape the trauma of losing his fiancée, Alan must piece together a mystery to prevent himself from being trapped inside a nightmarish world forever. An intense psychological thriller from Remedy, the creators of Max Payne, Alan Wake raises the bar for future games, creating a true cinematic experience. Explore an expansive world filled with missions, unique puzzles, intense combat, and horrifying enemies. Dig into a twisting and multi-layered story filled with suspense, engaging characters, and shocking revelations.

# Intense psychological thriller: Alan Wake delivers a deeply psychological and finely crafted plot that raises the bar for storytelling in video games. The riveting story of Alan Wake is propelled by a movie-like atmosphere, compelling situations, memorable characters, and real-time pacing. Remedy has a record of creating and developing games with unique cinematic presentation and exceptionally high production values.

# Light as a combat element: As Wake journeys deeper into the mystery of Bright Falls, the shadows close in around him. When darkness descends, light becomes his only ally as he fights his way to daybreak. This poses a severe problem for Alan Wake since his enemies seemingly gain strength from the shadows, and before long, light itself becomes his greatest ally. Players must skillfully combine their use of light with more conventional weapons to stand a chance.

# Realistic, interactive environment: Set in the town of Bright Falls, the hyper-detailed environments of the Pacific Northwest play an important role, as even the change in daylight and weather will profoundly affect the characters and enemies in Alan Wake. The game’s advanced rendering engine provides amazingly realistic environments that bring this world to detailed life—from the lush forest of evergreen trees to the quaint small-town buildings and streets. The world of Alan Wake is alive and real.

# Episodic narrative: The mission-based structure of Alan Wake creates an episodic narrative similar to a deeply structured dramatic television series, such as LOST, Twin Peaks and X-Files. As the episodes progress, gameplay evolves to introduce new elements and characters, escalating the level of threat and action in the game.

It really is a fantastic game. I had to stop playing because it got a little too intense there for a moment.

I'm walking through this dark forest with only a flashlight and revolver, and this dude with a chainsaw comes after me! Devestated

But anyway, if you like games with a somewhat scary element, I'd definitely recommend this.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
RSforsevers
The Shinigami Monster
RSforsevers

Alan Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake   Alan Wake EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:26 pm

sounds awesome I'll try it sometime :)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KillerDragon001?feature=mhsn
Azley
... and Justice for All
Azley

Alan Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake   Alan Wake EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:20 am

I mainly play Horror games so I'm not scared or so.

That aside the trailer weren't too trhilling for me - nothing out of the ordinary.
I may borrow it but won't buy it ~
Back to top Go down
http://azley.deviantart.com
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

Alan Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake   Alan Wake EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:32 am

Captain, when you finish Alan Wake explain to me what the hell happened at the end, cause both me and my boyfriend are really confused.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

Alan Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake   Alan Wake EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:36 pm

I haven't a chance to finish yet, but I'll let you know.

What I can tell you is that there are plans for a sequel, so...I don't know if that helps.
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
raezura
Hollow
raezura

Alan Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake   Alan Wake EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:18 pm

I liked it other then the fact that everything you were doing in the game was narrated. That got really annoying after a while.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

Alan Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake   Alan Wake EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:59 pm

Here's a video review the Yahtzee just posted for Alan Wake. Those of you who are familiar with his know what to expect. For the uninitiated, he tears apart every (save for about 3) game he plays for laughs, though his reviews have gotten drastically less funny and more bitter over time, in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Azley
... and Justice for All
Azley

Alan Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake   Alan Wake EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Awesome vid - thanks for posting *still laughs*
Back to top Go down
http://azley.deviantart.com
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

Alan Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake   Alan Wake EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 10:27 pm

I played the first chapter of this today with a friend. It's a pretty good game functionally, but Alan's constant narration is so humorous that I can't take the game seriously. Which I consider a good thing. It's a good game to play amongst friends and laugh at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alan Wake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alan Wake   Alan Wake Empty

Back to top Go down

Alan Wake
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team YoruSoi :: General :: Video Games-
Jump to: