Team YoruSoi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Recommended Fanfics

Go down 
+8
PolarisAmane
BlackisnotEmo
shihoin82
ShyRainbow
Lizzay
SoldierG65434-2
siyentista
CaptainYoruichi
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

Recommended Fanfics Empty
PostSubject: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyThu May 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Recommended Fanfics Tumblr_m2ghcpBuFQ1rtjv06o1_500

-Completed Fics-

One Shots
Gigai Problems
Admiration
Birthright
Be My Escape
If a Cat Could Grin
Parallels
I Think I Know
Secret Handshake
Turnabout
Loves Me Not
Breathless
True Strength
Family Matters
Mesmerized By a Little Bee
She Who Kisses the Stars
Compromise
We Belong Together
Reckless
Checkup
Stinger
Paradox
Heartbeat
Linger
Better Left Unsaid
This Moment
The Future Awaits
Raspberry
Party Favors
Sweat
Smudges of Ink
Just Like Me
Rainy Midnights
Oh Captain, My Captain
I Caught a Little Baby Bumblebee
Behind Golden Eyes
Kimi no Koe
Breathless
Objection
Done In a Flash
Just Like Me?
Trust You
Persuasion
Utsusemi
Cowgirl in the Sand
Feel It in the Air
Slow Down
On the Fake Sidewalk
For the Princess
Windows to the Soul
As I Write This Letter
Leaving Together
Christmas Present
Fifty Thoughts
Hush
Dismantle
Hairy

Multi-Chapter Fics
The Cat and the Bee
Cat Paws and Bee Wings
Cat Claws and Bee Stings
Memories of a Dream
Unlike a Cat and a Bee
When Sakuras Bloom
Rubber Traits
Eye For Women
By Torpedo or Chrohn's
Untouchable
The Art of Transformation
Love in Some Steps
Forced Perspective
The Good Times Are Killing Me
The Fan Club
Till Death Do Us Part
YoruSoi

-Works In Progress-
Shattered
Winning Isn't Everything
All of the Little Things
Every Time I Make a Girl Cry
Convenient Arrangements
Broken Pendulum
Under One Heaven
At a Glance
Shattered Sun
Disparity
100 Years of Solitude...Sort Of
I Won't Let You Fall
Purity
Walking Blind on the Path of Liberation
Ebony & Gold
Dangerous Attraction
The Price of Redemption
Locus of Control
YoruSoi Part 2

Last edited by CaptainYoruichi on Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:38 am; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
siyentista
Master of the Maggot's Nest, PhD

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyThu May 06, 2010 5:03 pm

why are some fics in a different shade of blue?
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyThu May 06, 2010 5:05 pm

I think it has to do with the links and whether or not you've visited certain fics recently.
Back to top Go down
siyentista

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyThu May 06, 2010 5:06 pm

nyahaha. that makes sense. i thought you were classifying them according to how much you hate/like them or how recently they've been updated.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:38 am

Bumping with a new addition to the list.

Fifty Thoughts.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:53 am

Wow, I'm surprised you like that fic enough to recommend it, given it's subject matter.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 8:27 am

Just read this fic this morning. It's quite awesome.

Hush
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:51 am

CaptainYoruichi wrote:
Just read this fic this morning. It's quite awesome.

Hush

I'm not sure I liked that one. It was certainly well written, well above par for the average fic, but the plot itself left something to be desired.

Spoiler:
Sorry, but I'm just not feeling that fic.

I can't really knock the author too much, though, since it was a request "made to order," in his words.

Last edited by SoldierG65434-2 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lizzay
Wanker

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 12:39 pm

i think i agree with you on that one, soldier. while it was very well written, it doesnt beat the fact that it was one of those "random sex at the sakura grove" fics.

well, the author tried not making it so random with some sort of explanation. but i still dont buy it. other than that, i have no real qualms against it.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:35 pm

I found another one that I thought was pretty well written.

Transcend Into Life

Unfortunately it's been taken down since. Noes

Last edited by CaptainYoruichi on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 12:38 pm

CaptainYoruichi wrote:
I found another one that I thought was pretty well written.

Transcend Into Life
You beat me to the punch.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I really like how their relationship is portrayed in this fic. And this is the first fic that I've ever seen that's dealt with the death of Sofion's brothers, or at least made it the center piece.
Back to top Go down
ShyRainbow
Hollow
ShyRainbow

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 9:52 pm

I like "The Art of Transformation." A slow AU story = fun, fun, FUN. :3
Back to top Go down
http://rising-love.deviantart.com
shihoin82
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:09 am

oh wow...my fics made it in this list. I can die now. No, wait, the other one's not yet done. I'll die after that :D
Back to top Go down
BlackisnotEmo
Hollow
BlackisnotEmo

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:54 am

shihoin82 wrote:
oh wow...my fics made it in this list. I can die now. No, wait, the other one's not yet done. I'll die after that :D

hehe I felt the same way =^^=
Back to top Go down
Lizzay
Wanker

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:27 pm

im not just saying this because she's a friend and a rather distinguished member of the forum but i think epeire's fic Dismantle should be in the list of recommended fics. its angsty, beautifully written, and stresses in all the right places.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:33 am

For anyone that's interested, Till Death Do Us Part has had a double update.

Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:50 am

Due to popular request, Dance Little Liar was taken off due to the disappointing second chapter.

Yes, it did give me quite the pleasure to do that, btw. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PolarisAmane
Writing Monster
PolarisAmane

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:38 am

.... I'm a little perplexed. I missed the conversation where this was discussed and perhaps I'm missing something much deeper but I actually liked that chapter. Sure it wasnt as good as the first one, but it was still a great little introspective piece from Kisuke.

So is the hate for it just because it's from Kisuke's point of view? Or because it confrmed something that was very clearly laid out in the first chpter - that Yoruichi was screwing them both? It's not as though anything happened in this chapter that wasn't already outlined in the first. The only real difference is that it's from Kisuke's point of view. And it was gloriously arrogant and condescending point of view, what a prick!

I'm really looking to reading the chapter from Yoruichi's perspective. Is she actually a contender for bitch of the day? Or is it something as simply tragic as her being in love with two very different people and unable to make a choice between them?

but yeah - enlighten me to the hate peoples.

Edit - Never mind, I just read Soldier's review and that pretty much answered my question. I am genuinly amused though that you guys thought that this was going to be anything other than Yoruichi sleeping with them both. You delightfully delusional people tickle me to no end.
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:40 am

I was trying to be optimistic even though I despised the first chapter to start with, but I really didn't expect it not to be that Yoruichi really is sleeping with them both. It's too much effort for people to write Yoruichi outside of the usual cliches.
Back to top Go down
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker
SoldierG65434-2

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 10:35 am

PolarisAmane wrote:
Edit - Never mind, I just read Soldier's review and that pretty much answered my question. I am genuinly amused though that you guys thought that this was going to be anything other than Yoruichi sleeping with them both. You delightfully delusional people tickle me to no end.

That'll learn me for expeting more out of good writers.

A reviewer going by the name Lilyhammer put things much more concisely than I ever could.

Lilyhammer wrote:
Instead of exploring the potential of Soifon's depressed and hurt (and rather damning) inner monologue being not 100% true by way of seeing the situation through the eyes of Yoruichi, the second chapter here went the complete opposite way. Limply confirming through an unnecessary 3rd party account that yes, Yoruichi is indeed the lame, tired cliche of the flighty and utterly uncaring omnisexual strumpet that Soifon (and so many Bleach fans circa-2004 or so) had imagined her to be all along.

The first part of that fic was a sophisticated peice of work. I had expected something better than this last update. Not only did it cheapen the first part, but I can't even justify it by saying "it's well written" either because there's a noticeable dip in quality.

And it's not even that they used the cliche of "whore Yoruichi," it's that it was that Sui-Feng's perspevtive and suspicions were unequivocally confirmed by an unnecessary third party. I would have rather this fic never updated than for the author to take away what made the first part so great; that ambiguity and suspicion that you couldn't fully trust what Sui-Feng was saying.

But no, Sui-Feng was completely right. At this point, I'm expecting Yoruichi's part to just be "Next in line, please."
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:29 pm

A new fic I thought was pretty good.

Pinky Swear.
Back to top Go down
raezura
Hollow
raezura

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:19 pm

I was just coming here to recommend that fic also. I completely second this recommendation.

Back to top Go down
kittenable
Hollow
kittenable

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyMon May 16, 2011 11:14 pm

Um, not sure if you're interested, or if you've already posted this, but I like this one:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6985291/1/Locus_of_Control
Back to top Go down
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:43 pm

I've added Locus of Control to the list of recommended fics.

I updated the list in general, but I'm sure I missed some things. If anyone notices fics in the wrong place or anything, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Dragontone
Hollow
Dragontone

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Decided to add a new favorite of my to the list. I thought it was nicely done, especially for those who like seeing Soi Fong kicking ass. The HUGE fight alone at the end alone is worth the read if anything else with lots of nice moments between Yoruichi and Soi Fong. To See Without Seeing

Only eight chapters done and far from completed but it's a very interesting story and I hope that the author can finish it. After falling gravely injured from the blow from Aizen, an unconscious Soi Fong awakens 100 years in the past with a chance to change history.

Broken Pendulum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Fanfics   Recommended Fanfics Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommended Fanfics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next