Team YoruSoi

An LGBTQ friendly forum for Bleach fans.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Creating a character

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level

PostSubject: Creating a character   Sat May 15, 2010 2:09 am

Congratulations on your successful graduation from the shinigami academy! As a fresh-faced recruit, you'll have your work cut out for you if you have ambitions of captaincy or glory, but you left more than prepared to start down any path you wish to walk.

Before the history of the seireitei can begin to record your name, though, it's important that you first have a name to record! The first few sections of the character sheet are as straightforward as they come. Just some personal information about the character you wish to represent as you play through the game:

Name: The full name of your character.

Apparent Age: Since Shinigami are notoriously ageless, the real numerical age is irrelevant, simply share the age your character appears to be.

Gender: Male? female? some combination of the two? given the Soul Society's dire predicament, no one with talent is being turned away.

Appearance: A full description of the character's appearance, including any equipment or decoration outside of the standard uniform. Be as detailed or as simple as you like.

Order versus Chaos The first section that may confuse a new player. This section is meant to identify how your character feels about rules and authority. There are three possible options:

Lawful: Your character firmly believes that the law should be upheld at all costs, feeling that to stray too far from law invites anarchy, which results in the strong preying on the weak.

Neutral: The most common personality type. Neutral characters understand the importance of the law, and are generally quick to uphold it, but understand that at times rules must be bent or ignored for the greater good.

Chaotic: A firm believer that the ends justify the means. A chaotic player may have good intentions at heart, but will think nothing of performing reckless, perhaps even terrible things, in the name of bringing about what they desire.

Morality Another part that may be confusing... morality basically asks what it is that your characer will primarily be fighting for. Here, there are four options from which to choose:

Altruistic: A good samaritan, Altruistic characters tend to always favor the greater good over their personal gain.

honor-bound: The consummate warrior, honor-bound characters have their own code of conduct which governs how they act and whom they grow close to. Whether this makes them good or evil typically depends on one's point of view.

Pragmatic: This type of character may do noble things, or may do terrible things. the one constant in either event is that their ultimate reason for doing them was to advance themselves. Pragmatists aim to advance themselves before anything else, be it gaining fortune, fame, or power. They won't go so far as to violate their duties as shinigami for this, but they won't think much of acting dishonestly, either.

Sociopath: A pragmatist without a limit to his selfishness. Sociopaths view everyone in the world, be they friend or foe, as pawns to be manipulated or discarded in the name of their own ambition. Sociopaths may be outwardly kind, and treat their friends and comrades warmly, but deep down they care nothing for them, and would just as soon kill them himself if they interfered with his master plan.

Understand that both morality and order are not set in stone based on what you choose now. Characters can develop and change, for better or for worse, as they embark on their adventure and experience growth. This is just to give the curious an idea of how your character is likely to act in the beginning.

Bio Now that you've told us how your character tends to act, why not tell us why? Share some of their history prior to joining the Soul Society. Just like with the description above, you may be as descriptive or as vague as you please.

And that concludes the first of the three parts of the character sheet. XD I know, it sounds complex, but deep down it's really simple, I promise! Most of the info you give is for my benefit as the game master, and won't change the fact that in this game you ulimately are just telling a story from the perspective of your character.

Part 2: Combat Abilities

To begin, I need information on your weapon!

Zanpaku-to The shape of your sword in its unreleased state. For most, it's a simple Katana, but this isn't always the case.

Shikai[b] At the time your role in the story starts, you are just beneath having mastered your shikai. With mastery, you learn the name of your zanpaku-to, and gain a power that reflects your soul. For the actual abilities and effects of your shikai when the time comes for it to manifest, be it because of personal turmoil for your character or hard training, simply consult the GM with what you would like the power to be, and any reasonable request will be accepted.

[b]Bankai
Needless to say, you start leagues away from attaining bankai... but then, these are trying times, and the events might not sit still long enough for traditional methods of training to be viable... Still... for now, your character sheet needs only reflect that you have not mastered bankai.

Your character has just spent a long time training in the shinigami arts, and has at least a passing knowlede of each of the four elements of shinigami skill. However, all people are different, and some have talents in areas where others have weaknesses. For this part of the character sheet, each of the four elements will be listed. One of the four will be your character's stronges suit, and beside it you will put "Excells." One will be your character's shortcoming, and beside it you will put "Weak." The other two you will have just average mastery over.

Your answers here will dictate how your character goes about engaging in combat, and will also play a large factor in which of the 13 court guard squads wind up eventually recruiting you.

Kido The magic arts used by the shinigami to perform a variety of functions. Each spell is associated with a number, which ascends with the strength of said spell. A basic art, but one of the most difficult to perfect and perform

Hakuda Mastery of hand-to-hand combat, or fighting with melee/strike weapons not related to swords. useful for assassinaion, or for brawling fighting styles.

Hoho Mastery of movement and agility, including Shunpo. Speed allows for versatility in combat, and can also be your friend if a battle turns sour.

Zanjutsu The art of the sword, your prowess at combat with bladed weapons. A skill without which most shinigami cannot hope to become strong, but in some specialized cases it can be seen as unnecessary.

Part 3: Character strengths and weaknesses

The final part of your character sheet will be for miscelaneous character traits that will have an impact on either how your character fares in battle, or interacts with others. Included in this rules section will be a list of chracter strengths... traits which help your character fare better, and character weaknesses.. which hinder them in some way. You will select two of each for your character, and list them here. Since the list doesn't exist yet, and this may cause confusion, for the time being I'll just provide some random examples below:

Character Strength: Perceptive- Able to spot or sense something amiss with one's surroundings more aptly than average. The GM will at times PM player to alert them to things the other players in a group are not aware of.

Character Weakness: Phobia of Water- Irrational fear of water, either large bodies of it or attacks based in it, resulting in diminished ability to fight when in its presence.

There! That's the end of the character sheet explanation. Here's a blank template for your character sheet. Right now it's impossible to complete, but I'll have all the rules and lists done within the weekend's time, so please look forward to what type of character you wish to be.

CHARACTER SHEET:

Name:

Apparent Age:

Appearance:

Order versus Chaos:

Morality:

Bio:

Combat Abilities

Zanpaku-to:

Shikai:

Bankai:

Kido:

Hakuda:

Hoho:

Zanjutsu:

Character strengths and weaknesses

Character Strength 1:
Character Strength 2:

Character Weakness 1:
Character Weakness 2:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: Creating a character   Sat May 15, 2010 10:56 am

I just have a quick question. Since it's Bleach, are we keeping to Japanese names?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teamyorusoi.forumotion.com
SoldierG65434-2
H-H-Hacker
H-H-Hacker

PostSubject: Re: Creating a character   Sat May 15, 2010 11:19 am

CaptainYoruichi wrote:
I just have a quick question. Since it's Bleach, are we keeping to Japanese names?
Speaking just for myself, I see no reason why we should. The Soul Society is the afterlife, so people from all diffrent cultures would be there. The only reason the names in Bleach are prodominatly Japanese is beacasue it's a Japaneses Manga.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We think we know your secret. But it's safe with us.
Co-Administrator
Fanfiction.net - Ficlets - My fic commentaires - Tumblr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level

PostSubject: Re: Creating a character   Sat May 15, 2010 12:46 pm

Pretty much as soldier said. I'm not holding characters to any strict coda for names. Call yourself what you want.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RSforsevers
The Shinigami Monster

PostSubject: Re: Creating a character   Sat May 15, 2010 5:38 pm

I'll be Slash (first thing to pop into my mind XD) (I'll write the other stuff soon)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/KillerDragon001?feature=mhsn
Azley
... and Justice for All

PostSubject: Re: Creating a character   Sat May 15, 2010 8:40 pm

I'll play Arashi Tetsuya - my all time fac OC.
Need some time to write all the other stuff cause it's damn much ~

Last edited by Azley on Sat May 15, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://azley.deviantart.com
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: Creating a character   Sat May 15, 2010 9:26 pm

Awesome. Phoenix Chase it is. Easy to remember, and a cool name in general (IMO). XD

Once we finish our character sheet, do you just want us to post it in the Character Sheet forum and then you'll let us know whether it's ok or not?
Back to top Go down
Zura
Edo no Akatsuki

PostSubject: Re: Creating a character   Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Can we play human characters too? I plan a human character for BA's RP, and I may use it here too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainYoruichi
CaptainYoruichi Level
CaptainYoruichi Level

PostSubject: Re: Creating a character   Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:14 pm

I would PM Catlove about it, especially if you have some good ideas. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Zura
Edo no Akatsuki

PostSubject: Re: Creating a character   Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:12 am

Quote :
I would PM Catlove about it, especially if you have some good ideas. ^_^

Catlove told me that it's going to be made eventually and will let me know when it's done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GS Dragono
Hollow

PostSubject: Re: Creating a character   Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:35 am

Quick question! Is the strengths/weaknesses section bound to the master list, or is the list more like a guideline?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Catlove
Ulquiorra Level

PostSubject: Re: Creating a character   Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:44 am

Nah, they're more guidelines, at least until the master list reaches a decent size. for the time being anything that can be have an impact on how the game plays out can be used for a strength/weakness

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating a character   

Back to top Go down

Creating a character
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1